Whether you’re an Asian cuisine fan, or if you just want to do a simple stir-fry every so often, if you are thinking about getting a wok, then this article is for you. To help you make the best choice for your needs, we are going to take a look at the best electric woks on the market today. This article also includes a comprehensive buying guide that shows you what to look for in an electric wok.
You’re probably already wondering if electric woks are better than traditional stove-top woks, or if all electric woks work the same. Don’t worry. The answers to those and other questions are included in this guide.
Top 10 Best Electric Woks: At A Glance
So, without further ado, let’s get right to it!
- 10 Best Electric Woks Review:
- 1. Breville BEW600XL Electronic Hot Wok
- 2. Presto 5900 1500W Stainless Steel Electric Wok
- 3. Breville EW30XL Gourmet Electric Wok
- 4. Aroma Housewares Electric Wok, Black AEW 305
- 5. Norpro 10 Piece Wok Set, 14 inch Silver 506
- 6. The ROCK fromStarfrit Electric Wok
- 7. Cuisinart CSK-250WS Green Gourmet 14” Non-stick Skillet
- 8. Electric Skillet with Glass Lid, Stainless Steel Body
- 9. Aroma Housewares 5-Quart Electric Wok AEW-306
- 10. Sonya ShabuShabuElectric Mongolian Hot Pot with Divider
- How to Cook With a Wok
- FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Electric Woks
10 Best Electric Woks Review:
1. Breville BEW600XL Electronic Hot Wok
One of the main disadvantages of choosing an electric wok over a traditional stovetop wok is that the majority of them don’t get quite as hot as their stove-top counterparts. However, with the 1500W element of the Breville Hot Wok, you won’t be having that issue.
Thanks to the wok’s aluminum layers, the heat is distributed evenly all around the appliance’s walls, maximizing its potential for high-heat searing. This allows you to seal in the moisture for healthy, nutritious food that looks great. With 15 precision heat settings, you’ll be able to easily emulate real Asian-style methods of cooking.
The control that it gives you over the heat makes this wok perfect for use on a wide variety of cooking styles. If you’re searching for the best buy electric wok, this is it!The bowl detaches from the base for convenient cleaning. Simply turn the wok upside down, and then turn a small plastic dial that unlocks the wok and separates it from the cooking base.
The Breville wok has a high-quality non-stick surface which makes it super easy to use and clean. You don’t have to worry about the non-stick coating coming off over time and becoming a hazard for your family’s health.
- Durable stainless steel base
- Die-cast wok bowl coated with Quantanium non-stick
- 14-inch diameter with 6-Quart capacity
- Convenient ‘cook and look’ glass lid
- Both the bowl and lid are dishwasher safe
- 15 precision heat settings heat bowl up to 425 degrees
2. Presto 5900 1500W Stainless Steel Electric Wok
This is one of the quickest and easiest ways to prepare delicious stir-fry meals. The Presto wok is made from stainless steel, and all you need is a little bit of cooking oil to create healthy meals with seared ingredients that preserve all the nutrients.
Your food will retain all of its color, flavor, and texture thanks to the even heat distribution which allows food to cook quickly without overheating or burning. The wok boasts a high-quality Teflon non-stick coating that will not only make it simpler to make your favorite dishes but will also make cleaning your electric wok a breeze.
After you’re done using it, all you have to do is remove the heat control and then wash your electric wok with warm soapy water and a dishcloth. Alternatively, you can just put it in the dishwasher for a hassle-free clean. With a high temperature of about 400 degrees, this wok is just as effective as its range-top counterparts for whatever style of cooking you choose.
It comes with a 30-inch long electric cord which makes it easy to use and it will work great for all kinds of cooking styles including deep frying and making curries. If you’re searching for a high-quality electric wok at an affordable price, this may very well be exactly what you’re looking for.
- Dishwasher safe bowl and lid
- High-quality non-stick Teflon coating
- Large capacity makes it ideal for large families
- 1500W heating element and aluminum base for even heating
- Side loop handles for easy, convenient use
- Includes long-handled wooden spatula
3. Breville EW30XL Gourmet Electric Wok
This beautiful electric gourmet wok from Breville will have you whipping up healthy and delicious meals in no time. It has a 15-setting variable heat control as well as a high sear setting which means that you can easily and precisely control your cooking temperature and the time it takes to cook your meals.
It is yet another well-made piece of kitchen equipment from a trusted brand that most users will truly appreciate, and that’s why it made it to the top three options on our list of the best electric woks available today.
With its 1500W butterfly element that is recessed around its base, creating a hat zone over the wok’s entire surface, this wok makes it ideal to stir-fry and quick sear meat and vegetables. The electric wok’s variable heat probe gives such precise control over your heat and cooking time that you’ll be able to cook virtually any type of dish you can think of.
The 14-inch diameter of this die-cast wok is big enough to easily handle the meal preparation for the whole family. When you’re done cooking, cleanup is as easy as letting the wok cool down completely, then washing it in warm soapy water or popping it in the dishwasher.
The surface is scratch-resistant and you’ll be able to use a lot less oil for cooking thanks to its non-stick properties. The bowl is coated with four layers of Quantanium, giving it a durable non-stick exterior that will last for years to come.
- Reinforced glass lid has stainless steel rim and steam vent
- Large wok capacity ideal for the whole family
- 4 layers of Quantanium for durable, non-stick surface
- Butterfly element with 15 heat settings (including sear option)
- Dishwasher safe quick release removable base
4. Aroma Housewares Electric Wok, Black AEW 305
If you’ve been searching for a sleek metal wok to help make your meal preparation a lot easier, quicker, and healthier, then this could be the answer to your problems. This offering from Aroma Housewares is designed to heat up super-fast and it retains high heat as you’re cooking. This helps to seal in the flavor and nutrients of your food, giving you professional results each time.
No more ending up with meat and vegetables that are more boiled than fried due to low heat or unreliable heat distribution. This wok will make a great addition to any kitchen, particularly if you’re planning to use it a lot. The inside surface, as well as the domed lid, are both coated with a high-quality non-stick compound which makes for easy cooking and equally easy cleaning.
Whether you’re stir-frying, braising, or steaming, this wok performs great every time. It’s all you need to create all your favorite dishes – Asian or otherwise. In true keeping with the company’s mission statement, this wok from the well-known appliance brand does enhance and enrich the lives of those who use it.
It’s versatile and easy to clean. Simply remove the heat control and wash your wok in warm soapy water using a non-abrasive cloth. This is a classic must-have that not only has tons of functions but will also look great in your kitchen as well.
- Smooth non-stick coating for effortless cooking and easy cleaning
- Spacious capacity which is ideal for cooking larger dishes
- Convenient low-high precise temperature dial control
- Comes with cooking accessories including steam rack and wooden utensils
- Cool-touch handles and base to prevent burns
5. Norpro 10 Piece Wok Set, 14 inch Silver 506
TheNorpro 14-inch carbon steel wok comes as part of an impressive 10-piece set which includes a lid, tempura rack, reversible burner ring, a pair of wooden cooking chopsticks, wire steaming rack, ladle, and turner, as well as an instruction and recipe booklet.
This is different from the other offerings on our review list because it is designed for use on electric or gas stoves. Looking at the wok, one might assume that the wooden handles are flimsy or that they might not withstand the high heat of the wok, but that is not true.
This round-bottomed piece of expert craftsmanship is made only from the best quality materials that will stand the test of time. Thanks to its amazing design, this wok will sit squarely on your stovetop without wobbling around.
Although some users have claimed that the ladle and spatula that come with this wok are a bit flimsy, once you’re sure which of the implements you like, you can easily replace them with cooking tools of better quality.
If you’re looking for a quality wok that comes with all the necessary accessories to help you get started making wonderful stir-fries, then this is one of the best works to consider.
- Great beginner wok and accessories for first-timers
- 14-inch diameter with a large capacity
- 10-piece set contains all you need to make stir-fries
- Made from durable, rust-free carbon steel
- Includes recipe booklet for quick and easy meals
6. The ROCK fromStarfrit Electric Wok
This is a versatile kitchen appliance that features patented technology from Rock.Tec to ensure that the non-stick surface will always heat evenly. The wok has Bakelite handles to prevent burns while cooking, and it also comes with a guarantee to never stick or warp. This is great news, particularly for those people who intend to use the wok regularly.
The cast aluminum bowl boasts a thickness that is 25% more than most other leading brands. This means that the wok will retain much of the heat, cooking your food faster, as well as keeping it warm for longer periods of time afterward.
With this versatile cookware, you’ll be able to create healthy, delicious masterpieces in your kitchen quickly and easily. The wok also has non-slip feet, which means that it won’t slip and slide on your counter, no matter what sort of surface it is.
It also comes with a lid made of tempered glass that allows you to keep an eye on whatever you’re cooking. The Bakelite handles stay cool to the touch, so you’ll be able to easily handle your wok even if it’s straight from the stove. This is undoubtedly among the best electric woks you’ll find today.
- Patented non-stick technology from Rock.Tec
- Multi-use pot allows you to cook and keep your food warm
- Versatile use for making sautés, soups, chili, and more
- Cool touch handles to prevent burns while cooking
- 1500W perfect for high-heat searing
7. Cuisinart CSK-250WS Green Gourmet 14” Non-stick Skillet
This 1800W stainless steel electric skillet measures 14 by 14 inches, which makes it great for cooking larger dishes. The cooking surface is ceramic based and has a petroleum-free coating that contains no PFOA or PTFE. This is a good option for anyone who is concerned about chemicals in the non-stick coating that can eventually peel off and become a health hazard.
The large electric skillet comes with a lid made from tempered glass which allows you to keep an eye on your food as it is cooking. The handles are die-cast stainless steel and the Cuisinart logo is embossed on the side. The adjustable heat makes it easy to direct your cooking styles and times according to the dishes you’re making.
Whether you want to stir-fry, sear, sauté or simmer, you’ll be able to set the perfect heat level to achieve that perfectly. The skillet is dishwasher-safe, as long as you take off the heat control first. The package comes with an instruction and recipe booklet so you can get started right away using your appliance.
- Maximum heating temperature of 450 degrees
- Ceramic coating which is safer than Teflon counterparts
- Perfect size for making meals for the whole family
- Durable construction and dishwasher-safe
- Very affordably priced for the features
8. Electric Skillet with Glass Lid, Stainless Steel Body
This large electric skillet comes with a tempered glass lid and offers professional grade cooking thanks to its stainless steel body and non-stick surface. If you’re searching for the ideal skillet for sautéing, grilling, or making omelets, then this could be the perfect option for you.
It’s not only versatile when it comes to making meals, but it’s also super easy to clean. All you need to do is take out the temperature control and then wash the skillet in warm soapy water using a non-abrasive cloth to protect its surface.
Before you know it, this is going to be your go-to kitchen appliance and you’ll wonder how you ever got anything done without it in the past. With this 16-inch round skillet, you’ll not only be spending less time in the kitchen preparing meals, but your results will be much better, too!
- Large capacity skillet lets you cook larger meals easily
- Professional-quality interior for versatile cooking
- Non-stick surface makes for easy cooking and quick cleanup
- Temperature probe gives you full control over your cooking process
- Comes with riveted handles and tempered glass lid
9. Aroma Housewares 5-Quart Electric Wok AEW-306
This is the second electric wok on our list from this household brand. As with the previous one, this 5-Quart wok is designed for heating up fast and retaining the high heat while you cook. This not only cuts your cooking time in half, but it also helps to seal in the flavors, nutrients, and colors of your food.
If you want professional results from your stir-frying efforts, this is the wok to consider. The full-range heat controls offer you amazing versatility. You’ll be able to cook virtually any type of meal thanks to the excellent heat circulation all around this convexly curved wok.
It also comes with a dome-shaped lid which is great for making sautés or simmering stews. Thanks to its high-quality non-stick coating, you won’t have to worry too much about cleaning up afterward. Simply remove the heat control and then wash your wok in warm soapy water. Let it dry completely before storing it in your cupboard.
Any time you want to braise, steam, or tempura, just whip the wok out again and it’s ready to go. High-quality craftsmanship and affordability have never been merged so effortlessly. This is a great wok to consider if you’re searching for one that you’ll be able to use heavily for years to come.
- Extremely durable non-stick coating
- Large capacity for making bigger meals
- Various heating controls allow for more control over your cooking
- High dome lid makes it easy to cook stews and roasts
- 5-year warranty for your peace of mind
10. Sonya ShabuShabuElectric Mongolian Hot Pot with Divider
If you want a wok that offers faster heating with increased power, then this is one you should check out. This electric hot pot comes with UL safety approvals. It sits evenly and has anti-skid feet that help to prevent accidents and spills when the wok is in use. The base is detachable, which makes it easy for cleaning.
One really unique feature of this wok is the fact that it comes with an internal divider that provides the benefit of enjoying two very different flavors from your wok – at the same time! The divider is finished in first-class welding, and it allows you to separate your food in the same pot.
With a power rating of 1500W, this stainless steel wok will heat your food quickly and evenly. It has a diameter of 12 inches and a large capacity that allows for cooking larger meals. It also comes with 4 temperature control settings for more versatility when it comes to heating your dishes.
This double-flavor hot pot will make a great addition to any kitchen, and at the price, it certainly provides the ultimate in value.
- Non-slip silicone feet ensure wok won’t move when in use
- Cool touch lid and heat-resistant handles
- Transparent glass lid allows a view of the food while cooking
- Meets UL safety standards
- Double flavor wok lets you cook two things at the same time
Buyer’s Guide: Things To Consider When Buying A Electric Wok
When buying an electric wok, there are some features that you need to consider before making your choice. We’ve listed some of those factors below. Use them to help you choose the best electric wok for your needs.
This is obviously something that you need to consider before making your decision. There’s no point buying a wok that can feed a dozen people if you live alone. Conversely, you don’t want to end up with a tiny wok when you have a big family to feed.
Determine how many people you’re going to be cooking for normally, and then choose the size of your wok accordingly. Your storage space is also something you need to consider before you choose a very large wok.
The best woks come in various shapes, such as round, oval, and rectangular. This may not make much difference to the dishes you’ll be able to cook, but it’s important when considering aesthetics and storage space.
Round woks are typically stored on their bottom, while rectangular ones can be stored on their side. You also need to take a look at the counter on which you’ll be using your wok to determine if the shape you’re getting will fit there.
Some surfaces are easier to clean than others. You want to choose a wok with a non-stick surface that will not only prevent food from sticking to the bottom of the wok as you cook, but will also be easy to clean after use.
Just keep in mind that a non-stick surface limits the types of utensils that you’re able to use with your electric wok since the surface can get scratched easily. This means that if you’re opting for a non-stick electric wok, then you’ll need to choose heat resistant plastic or wood utensils to go with it.
Overall Construction Quality
Check the legs, handles, etc. to see how well the electric wok is put together. If you’re buying online, it’s easy to find out these kinds of details from the product reviews. The parts should not wiggle or move around easily. If they do, your wok may not be able to withstand heavy use. This is something you need to pay particular attention to if you plan to use your wok frequently.
While this shouldn’t be your main consideration, it’s important to consider it when deciding among the best electric woks on the market. Prices can vary wildly, which means that you must consider the features that are important to you and then choose accordingly.
If you’re only going to be using the wok once in a blue moon, then there’s really no need to go with any of the ones on the higher end of the price spectrum. But, if you intend to use it heavily, then it’s a good idea to steer clear of cheap products that will come apart after only a few uses.
While price doesn’t always determine the quality of the electric wok, it’s important to note that you usually get what you pay for with this type of product.
The bottom line is that an electric wok makes a great addition to any kitchen and once you’ve taken all these factors into consideration, you’ll be able to determine the exact type of wok that you need in your kitchen. Choose the best one for your needs, and get inspired creating all sorts of healthy dishes for you and your family.
How to Cook With a Wok
- This kitchen appliance is one that is overlooked in many kitchens, but once you start using it, you’ll wonder who you ever got along without it. An electric wok makes meal preparation easier and quicker. All you need to do is heat the wok up, pour in a couple of tablespoons of oil and then rotate it so that the oil coats the sides evenly.
- You can then add your meat or vegetables and cook at high heat for a few minutes. Continuously stir your ingredients to prevent them from burning. This style of cooking isn’t just reserved for oriental cuisine, but it can also be used for a variety of other recipes.
- The best electric woks are adaptable to any cooking style. You can even make a pot roast in an electric wok, or use it as a steamer for even healthier meals. That’s how versatile they are! One thing to keep in mind is that most electric woks may not get as hot as traditional stovetop woks, but they hold the advantage since they feature a non-stick surface which makes them easier to use and clean.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Electric Woks
Q-1: How do you clean an electric wok?
- After each use, you need to clean your electric wok thoroughly to ensure that it keeps cooking efficiently and looking great. All you need to do is let the wok cool down completely, don’t try to use cold water to speed up this process as it can damage your wok.
- After it’s cooled, remove the heat control and either wash it in the sink using hot soapy water and a dishcloth or put it in the dishwasher (check manufacturer’s instructions).
Q-2: What type of food can you cook in a wok?
- The wok is well liked for its versatility. It allows you to cook virtually any type of meal you can think of from stir-fries, fried rice, and other oriental meals to roast chicken, stews, steamed vegetables, and even chili. You can get creative when using your electric wok to create scrumptious, healthy dishes.
Q-3: Are there any health benefits to using a wok?
- There are a great many benefits to using an electric wok. The main advantage is that it allows you to prepare healthier meals. The curved shape of the wok and its high capacity for heat retention changes the way your food cooks and requires less cooking oil which makes your meals a lot healthier and retains more nutrients.
- Using a wok also cuts down on your food preparation time. Oh, and the food looks a lot better, too since it isn’t cooked for long periods of time. In addition to retaining their nutritional value, the vegetables also keep their color.
Q-4: Is an electric wok better than a stovetop wok?
- A traditional wok is an excellent appliance that has been used to create amazing meals for generations. But, these days most people are looking for the convenience offered by electric woks.
- Traditional woks are typically made from cast iron, carbon steel, aluminum, or stainless steel and they don’t have a non-stick surface – which is the immediate advantage that they have over their counterparts. It’s also a lot easier to clean electric woks than it is to clean traditional ones.
Q-5: Can I put my electric wok in the dishwasher?
- Most electric woks on the market today are fully immersible as well as dishwasher-safe. Just make sure that you remove the heat control first before washing your wok. Always check the instructions from the manufacturer as to the best way to keep your wok clean.
Although they were once used only for Chinese cooking, over the past few decades, woks have slowly but surely become a must-have addition to every kitchen’s list of useful appliances. This is because they are versatile and can be used to cook virtually any meal quickly, easily, and in the healthiest way possible.
If you’re considering adding a wok to your kitchen arsenal, then use our handy buying guide to help you choose the perfect electric wok for your kitchen from our list of the top 10 best electric woks on the market.