For most people, eggs are simply a breakfast staple. But for others, they present an earning potential or a chance to hatch chickens and other, more exotic pets. No matter what you need an incubator for, the actual process of selecting and buying the best eggs incubator for your needs can be an overwhelming one.
Different companies offer an astounding variety of models, sizes, and prices. Each type of incubator works in a unique way, which means that you have to consider your needs carefully before making your choice.
Best Eggs Incubator: At A Glance
In this review article, we are going to take a look at some of the things to know about incubators, including how they work and the factors to consider before deciding on the best one for your specific needs. You’ll also discover 10 of the best options available on the market right now.
So, without further ado, let’s jump right to it!
- Best Eggs Incubator: At A Glance
- 10 Best Incubator For Duck Eggs:
- 1. Digital-Sportsman-Cabinet-Incubator-1502
- 2. HovaBator-Deluxe-Egg-Incubator-Combo
- 3. Brinsea-Products-USAG47C-automatic-incubator
- 4. Farm-Innovators-4250-Circulated-Incubator
- 5. Magicfly-Digital-Automatic-Incubator-Chickens
- 6. HovaBator-Advanced-Incubator-Combo-Kit
- 7. Brinsea-Mini-Advance-Hatching-Incubator
- 8. CHIMAERA-Automatic-Incubator-Hatcher-Display
- 9. IncuView-Automatic-Incubator-built-Turner
- 10. G-Q-F-Manufacturing-1602N-Hova-Bator-Incubator
- 11. HBLife Digital Automatic Egg Incubator
- 12. SmartxChoices Mini Digital Egg Incubator
- 13. iTavah Digital Clear Egg Incubator
- 14. HappyBuy 23L Reptile Egg Incubator
- 15. Currens Automatic Egg Incubator
- Things To Consider When Buying Eggs Incubator
- Types of Eggs Incubator
- Advantages of Using Eggs Incubator
- How to Incubate Eggs Step by Step
- FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Egg Incubator
10 Best Incubator For Duck Eggs:
The Digital Sportsman Cabinet Incubator earns the title of best eggs incubator thanks to its impressive number of features. It’s a complete incubator and hatcher that has an accurate thermostat with LCD temperature and humidity display. It boasts an onboard computer that monitors the system and environment every second. This unit also comes with electronic egg-turning control as well as audio/visual indicators.
The standard easy-view door is yet another feature that makes it a firm favorite for breeders who want to hatch large numbers of eggs at a single time. There are three automatic turning racks inside the 1502 model, and it also has a hatching tray at the bottom. It allows you to set eggs weekly and hatch the oldest ones at the same time using a single tray at a time.
You can purchase plastic egg trays separately to get the most out of this unit’s capacity, which depends on the size of the eggs. For instance, it holds 45 goose eggs, 198 duck eggs, 270 chicken eggs, 352 pheasant eggs, or 1368 quail eggs! The hatching capacity of this incubator is limited to the actual hatching drawer and this works out to about 72 medium-sized eggs at a time.
- Easy to use LCD temperature and humidity displays
- Audio/visual indicators and easy view door
- Comes with three sets of automatic egg turning trays
- The unit is shipped fully assembled
- Well-insulated and quiet
- User-friendly and easy to clean
The HovaBator Deluxe Combo is the best chicken egg incubator for both home and farm use. Made by the popular brand G.F.Q, this product comes with a one-year warranty. They have stellar customer service in case you experience any issues or need repairs done within that time. Its capacity to hatch 42 chicken eggs at one time makes it ideal for experienced hatchers.
The incubation chamber is quite deep, which means you can use it for a variety of species ranging from chicken eggs to quail and goose without encountering any issues. This unit also has two convenient viewing windows, a feature that is essential for incubators with such a large hatching capacity. It helps to prevent damage to the eggs and possible loss of embryos as the eggs start to hatch.
Larger capacities often carry the risk of heat or humidity loss as well as uneven heating throughout the unit. The HovaBator has a fan heating this unit, instead of heating elements, and it also comes with both a hydrometer and a thermometer to ensure optimal levels of heat and humidity inside the hatching chamber. The levels are shown on a clear, easy to use LED display so you can easily keep track of the development of your eggs and the estimated day of hatching.
This incubator also has automatic egg turning functionality, making it easier to hatch such large numbers. All in all, the customizable environment allows you full reign over your incubation process, making this a great option for hatching other species including exotic eggs, in addition to chicken eggs.
- Digital hygrometer and thermometer to keep track of humidity and temperature levels respectively
- Forced-air fan kit ensures optimum circulation inside the incubation chamber
- Convenient egg turner removes the hassle of having to turn the eggs manually
- Customizable environment to enhance embryo development and ensure hatching success
- Includes an egg candler to easily check the progress of your eggs
For anyone who wants a simple, but extremely accurate egg incubator, this is a great option to consider. The Brinsea Products USAG47C automatic model comes with a control system that digitally displays temperature and humidity. It also shows you the turning status. Temperature, Humidity, and Egg-turning are the three main factors that influence hatching success, and you get full control over all of them at your fingertips.
In addition to that, humidity in the chamber is fully automated via an integrated pump that generates humidity consistently. Therefore, there’s zero chance of unbalanced humidity levels damaging any of your eggs. The turning system of this unit is also very easy to program. All you have to do is select the recommended setting according to the type of eggs you’re hatching, and then leave it to turn until all the eggs are done hatching.
This is also one of the biggest incubators you can get, which makes it ideal for farmers. It can hold up to 56 chicken eggs at one time and comes with a larger tray to hold larger-sized eggs such as duck or goose eggs. The Brinsea automatic incubator is made from sturdy ABS plastic that is not only durable but also hygienic and very easy to clean, too. The plastic allows you to see through the incubator so you can keep an eye on the happenings inside.
- Digital temperature and humidity display
- Integrated humidity pump for automatic humidity control
- High and low-temperature alarms for incubator
- Customizable egg turning functionality enables you to hatch a variety of species
- Robust construction from hygienic antimicrobial plastic
- Comes with a 3-year warranty
- Ventilation control and great visibility of eggs inside the chamber
If you’re looking to dip your feet into the poultry husbandry waters, then consider getting the Farm Innovators 4250 Circulated Egg Incubator. This device is fully automatic and takes away all the guesswork from the entire hatching process.
An unfortunate feature of this model is the instruction manual. The translation of the instructions to English is poor and actually raises a lot more questions than the text answers. But, since automatic incubators typically require the least amount of handling, this isn’t really a major issue.
You should note, however, that this particular model doesn’t come with a separator tray for the eggs. This means that if you want your eggs to stay in their proper spots, you’ll have to purchase a separate tray. Having said that, it’s thebest egg incubator for beginners who either don’t need to hatch many eggs at one time or want a hands-off approach to the whole process.
- Frequent, automatic egg turning helps to stabilize temperatures to ensure healthy hatchlings
- Capacity to hold forty-one eggs, with room for bigger hatches
- Digital display provides various details like incubation time and estimated hatching date, etc
- Comes with an integrated fan system to supply and circulate fresh air
- Has a deep tray which allows placement of larger eggs like duck or goose eggs
The Digital Mini Incubator from MagicFly is an incredible device that offers easy hatching for 12 eggs. If you’re looking for an egg incubator that is so easy to use that beginners and even kids can handle it, this could be the best eggs incubator for you.
It may be small, but it packs a lot of power into its compact size. It comes with features like automatic temperature and humidity control, humidity warning alarm, and LED display. This means whenever there’s an issue that you need to take care of such as unstable temperatures; this device will let you know about it so you can act before your eggs get damaged.
Weighing in at a very light 3kg, this is the ideal option for beginners and school teachers who want to teach kids about hatching eggs.
- Holds a variety of eggs including chicken, duck, goose, and other types of eggs
- Automatic egg turner prevents egg yolk from settling and sticking to the shell
- Convenient humidity alarm lets you know if there’s a drastic change in humidity levels
- Digital features for controlling hatching environment at the touch of a button
- The device is extremely lightweight, making it perfect for home or classroom use
This model from HovaBator is very easy to clean thanks to its sanitary liner. It also comes with a snap action thermostat for maintaining a constant temperature and is made from Styrofoam which helps to retain warmth. It’s durable and sturdy, featuring two viewing windows that are great for keeping an eye on the goings-on inside the chamber.
This also makes this particular model ideal for educational purposes. There are moisture rings built into the lining which help to regulate the humidity levels in the incubation chamber. If you’re searching for an egg incubator that is affordable, durable, and portable, this option may be the ideal one for your needs.
- Comes with a pre-installed fan kit for circulating fresh air
- Has an automatic egg turner that rotates the eggs every four hours
- Designed to maintain optimal temperature and humidity to increase hatch rates
- Comes with an easy to use digital display
- One year hassle-free guarantee
This is a popular option among novices as it is extremely easy to handle and use. All you need to do is to program the length of the incubation period of the species you’re dealing with, and the micro-controller will hold the proper temperature as well as the egg-turning and incubation length without any further input from you.
In addition to an integrated incubator temperature alarm, this model also comes with a room temperature alarm and an external feature for topping up water. This is great for a variety of levels of hatchers, including learners, teachers, and hobbyists. If you’re looking for the best egg incubator for beginners, this is a great option to consider.
- Compact, lightweight, and portable with a capacity of 12 small eggs
- Fully adjustable, factory preset temperature of 99.5F/37.5°C
- Convenient alarms to avoid damage to eggs due to drastic temperature changes
- The unit has periodic egg cooling functionality
- The mode has a countdown timer to hatch day and automatically stops turning two days prior
When moving from incubating small numbers of eggs to larger numbers, most find that it can be quite an overwhelming experience. Each egg still needs the same amount of attention and care. The good news is, Chimera’s automated functions make this simple and easy to do.
The automatic turner helps you ensure that each egg is taken care of consistently, and a handy alarm system detects whenever the temperatures in the incubation chamber become excessively high or low. This is important because the right temperature is a major determining factor in how successful your hatching process is.
The Chimaera unit comes with a digital display that may seem rather busy, but ultimately offers a lot of valuable information. It’s undoubtedly the best eggs incubator for transitioning to hatching larger numbers of eggs.
- High capacity, incubates 56 eggs at one time
- Humidity and temperature digital display with intelligent circuit control
- LCD shows humidity, temperature, hatching day, a countdown for turning eggs, and more
- Alarm alerts you to drastic temperature and humidity changes
- Fan-assisted airflow to help circulate fresh air and regulate temperatures
This product is the best egg incubator for the money. It’s an affordable, easy to use alternative to some of the pricier options on the market. The IncuView Automatic Incubator with built-in turner is designed with any of the same features you’ll find in the more expensive, high-end models but at a fraction of the price.
The temperature in this unit is moderated with an automatic thermostat which works by varying the power supply to the 40-watt heater as opposed to others that simply turn it off and on. Because of this, temperature control is more precise in this model, and that helps to improve hatch rates. The IncuView unit also has a digital display that shows the current temperature and humidity.
- The transparent dome makes for easy viewing
- Built-in humidity gauge to monitor levels in the incubation chamber
- Automatically turns any size eggs, small to large
- Durable plastic construction
- Comes with humidity rings that are easy to fill
According to this well-established brand, the HovaBator 1602N is the best small incubator in the world. Despite its compact size, it boasts a number of impressive features such as the super reliable wafer-style thermostat that regulates the hatching chamber temperature.
It also has a built-in humidity control channel that makes it very easy to add water. There’s an optional egg-turner mechanism that encourages proper development and improves hatching rate. An integrated fan kit helps to gently circulate air inside the incubator to maintain a consistent temperature.
- Modern, convenient, and reliable water-style thermostat
- Durable construction from polystyrene with great insulation properties
- Has a hygienic sanitation liner with inbuilt humidity channels
- Unit capacity is 41 chicken eggs, and it can also handle quail, duck, and turkey eggs
- Comes with a one-year hassle-free guarantee
- 2 viewing windows make it easy to keep an eye on the eggs inside
11. HBLife Digital Automatic Egg Incubator
This automatic egg incubator is made from durable, healthy, ABS and PC material. It’s manufactured under very strict CE tests and has amassed a great reputation among chicken rearers in many areas. The incubator holds nine eggs and is designed to be simple to use and very easy to clean. It’s fully automatic, and it will turn the eggs and set the thermostat for optimal maintenance of embryo health.
The thermometer features a clear, intuitive digital display that shows you the temperature in degrees Celsius. This means that you’re able to see the whole incubation process without ever having to intervene. The space-saving design of this little incubator means that you can easily keep it on a table or counter and it won’t get in the way.
It comes with a 100% 30-day moneyback guarantee as well as a one-year warranty from the manufacturer. This is undoubtedly a great egg incubator for anyone who is just getting started and only needs to incubate a few eggs at a time.
- Digital fully automatic egg incubator
- Hatches chicken, duck, and goose eggs
- Clear housing for easy view of the incubation process
- Intuitive, easy to use digital display
- One-year warranty and 30-day moneyback guarantee
12. SmartxChoices Mini Digital Egg Incubator
The SmartxChoices incubator boasts quite a few unique advantages over all the other egg incubator models on the market today. It has a fully digital control for temperature which is displayed in Celsius not Fahrenheit degrees on the LED display.
It’s easy to regulate the humidity control and the automatic egg turner takes care of all the work for you. The incubator is made from clear upgraded PP material that is super easy to clean. It also comes with the chicken egg trays included for your convenience.
Designed to improve posture and blood circulation, this unit has intelligent integrated circuit control and built-in water channels that control the humidity levels inside the incubator. A built-in fan circulates the air to ensure that the temperature and humidity remain constant and even.
This unit can accommodate between 9 and 12 eggs depending on their size thanks to the adjustable, removable egg trays that have grilles and can hold different sized eggs.
- Ideal for chicken, Quail, duck, or pigeon eggs
- Accurate temperature measurement to <+0.1°C
- Features intelligent integrated circuit control
- Compact, portable, space-saving design and size
- Comes with removable egg tray with grille
13. iTavah Digital Clear Egg Incubator
If you’ve decided to start your exciting journey raising chickens, then this is the ideal egg incubator for your needs. With automatic egg turning capability and a convenient feature for toggling temperature controls, this incubator will have your first chicks hatched in no time at all.
It comes with a temperature LED display as well as automatic temperature control monitoring to ensure that your chicks are born in peak health, ready for you to rear. The precise temperature sensor keeps the internal environment of the incubator at the ideal levels throughout the incubation process.
An inbuilt fan provides consistent airflow, and this keeps the temperature and humidity even throughout the unit. This egg incubator is compact and portable and makes very little noise when in operation. It can handle between nine and 12 eggs and is ideal for home use, laboratory settings, and educational activities, and various other uses.
- Universal fit ideal for a wide range of applications
- New, upgraded design with removable egg trays
- Ideal for chicken, Quail, pigeon, and duck eggs
- Portable design for space-saving countertop use
- One-year warranty and 45-day moneyback guarantee
14. HappyBuy 23L Reptile Egg Incubator
This reptile egg incubator has automatic blue light and is ideal for turtle, snake, lizard, or chameleon eggs. The unit is designed to help prevent egg loss. It has digital control for temperature, a feature that provides you with an accurate heating and cooling combination to ensure that your eggs remain in stable condition throughout the incubation process.
The temperature is shown on a bright, intuitive LED digital display. The unit also has two incubation containers and double slide-out shelves that come included. The two-layer compartment can slide in and out, allowing you to take full advantage of your incubator’s hatching space.
It also has a slidable sink which helps to keep the temperature in the unit optimal for the hatching process. When it comes to cleaning and maintenance, this unit is extremely easy to clean. All you need is a wet sponge or cloth and a mild natural detergent that will not corrode the plastic parts.
- Temperature ranges between 15 and 40°C
- Accurate heating and cooling to prevent egg loss
- Slidable compartments to leverage hatching space
- Easy access power switch on the front panel
- Features blue light and bright LED display
15. Currens Automatic Egg Incubator
For anyone who wants to incubate up to 48 eggs at one time, this is the ideal egg incubator for your needs. Made for all types of eggs, including chicken, duck, goose, and turkey eggs, this incubator easily accommodates up to four dozen eggs at one time.
It has an LED screen that provides you with information pertaining to the temperature, humidity, and overall environment within the hatching unit. It also shows you egg turning time and hatching day. All of this allows you to closely and efficiently monitor the hatching process without actually having to interfere.
The eggs are turned automatically every two hours in order to improve the hatching speed. With this egg incubator, you will have the proper humidity and temperature levels inside the unit to produce healthy and strong chicks. A built-in fan also helps to circulate the air throughout the incubator so that the temperature remains constant and even.
- Made from durable steady, and hygienic ABS material
- Extremely easy to use, clean, and maintain
- Hatches up to 48 eggs at one time, depending on the size
- Suitable for all types and sizes of bird eggs
- Digital temperature control and automatic egg turning
Things To Consider When Buying Eggs Incubator
There are some important factors that you need to consider when it comes to buying an egg incubator. There isn’t one model that is necessarily better than another, it all depends on what you’re trying to achieve. For instance, the best egg incubator for a science teacher won’t necessarily be the best option for a farmer.
So consider the following factors before making your purchase so you choose the best eggs incubator for your needs:
Humidity and Temperature
These are two of the most important factors you need to consider before choosing an egg incubator. Some models have automatic humidity pumps while others don’t. Some have modern digital control systems to help maintain the right temperature, and others do not. In such cases, you have to use your own devices.
If you’d rather not have to buy thermometers, sponges, channels, or pots separately, then pay attention to this when buying your incubator.
Some incubators come with large viewing windows that allow you to monitor your eggs without opening the unit. This isn’t necessary, but it’s very convenient so consider this before making your choice.
This has a lot to do with what you want to use the incubator for. Depending on your intended purpose, you need to invest in an egg incubator that can simultaneously handle the number of eggs you want to hatch at once. You get egg incubators with capacities that range from a few eggs to a few thousand.
Some incubators such as the offerings from Incubator Warehouse come with automatic egg-turning functionality while others don’t. If you choose to go with a manual one, then know that you’re going to have to turn the eggs yourself on schedule. Some people prefer this as it allows them to be more involved with the process. Choose according to your own circumstances and level of commitment.
The size of your egg incubator is another important factor to consider. It’s related to the capacity, but you need to make sure that the incubator you choose will fit comfortably in the space you decide to store it in. Also, there should be ample room around it to allow for easy, regular cleaning.
You have to choose an incubator that is made from durable materials like ABS plastic and other similar, sturdy materials. You want your investment to last a long time, so choose the type of material carefully.
Easy to assemble and clean
Assembly of your chosen incubator needs to be quick and easy. It’s even better if it’s made from dishwasher-safe parts because that makes your job even simpler.
This is also closely related to the two factors above. Don’t just go for the least expensive egg incubator that you can find. Some may cost more than others but will save you lots of time and money down the line due to their quality construction.
Also, it’s important to note that the incubators that come with all the bells and whistles are obviously going to cost significantly more than the simple ones. Take your time to make sure that you get the best egg incubator for the money.
If you’re an absolute beginner, you should probably opt for an automatic egg incubator. More experienced breeders can go with either, depending on factors like the number of eggs they want to hatch at one time or how involved they want to be in the process. Just remember that the number of eggs an incubator can hold isn’t necessarily the number of chicks you’ll get. So don’t count your eggs before they hatch!
Types of Eggs Incubator
There is a wide diversity found in the egg incubators on the market today. There are as many different types as there are needs for hatching eggs. The factors outlined above will make it easier for you to dive into the complexity of the options you have to deal with when making a purchase. But when you get right down to it, incubators only come in two basic types:
- Forced Air or Automatic Incubator
This type of incubator is one that is preferred by those who need to hatch numerous eggs at one time. It operates by forcing the warm air into the incubator and circulating it evenly throughout using a fan. Incubators on the higher end of the spectrum are typically equipped with features that automatically monitor and maintain humidity levels as well.
- Still Air or Manual Incubator
These types of incubators are better suited for people who want to hatch only a few eggs. Manual units don’t have a fan but rely on individuals turning the eggs and repositioning them every few hours. Choose this model only if you’re willing to be more hands-on in the entire hatching process. It certainly demands a lot more upkeep as you will need to monitor the temperature and humidity inside the incubator.
Advantages of Using Eggs Incubator
- Egg Incubators Allow You to Hatch Different Species
There are many benefits to using egg incubators. In addition to incubating chicken eggs, you can also use them to raise an astounding variety of species including pythons, chameleons, bearded dragons, and a host of other exotic reptiles! If you’re searching for the best reptile egg incubator, then some of the options on our list will do perfectly.
Of course, the different egg sizes from various species will have an effect on the number of eggs that you’ll be able to incubate at any one time, as well as how long you’ll need to incubate them for. If you choose an automatic unit, it will specify what type of eggs it’s capable of turning.
- They make it Easy to Raise Some Species
You typically rate incubators by the number of chicken eggs they’re capable of holding at any given time, but you can also look at the other types of eggs that they can handle. Egg incubators make it much easier to raise new animals.
Breeders often sell fertilized eggs at lower prices, and there are some varieties of species like ducks, for instance, that is a lot easier to rear if they imprint on you. The first living thing they see is associated in their minds as their mother, which helps when raising them.
- Egg Incubators Are Highly Educational
Kids (and a lot of curious adults) will absolutely love how the hatching process works. Whether you’re a parent or a science teacher, this makes for an interesting learning experience and is a great way of teaching kids about the creation, nurturing, and caring for actual life. Kids can be in charge of the egg incubation process, which also serves to help them become more responsible.
How to Incubate Eggs Step by Step
Incubating eggs can be done in a few easy steps:
Step 1: Test your incubator to make sure it works the way it should. Set the temperature and humidity before setting the eggs. Leave the incubator on for at least 24 hours prior to using it to give the humidity and temperature ample time to set to the recommended levels in the directions.
Step 2: Once the unit is good to go, place the eggs inside the incubator with the pointed end down. For those who will be manually turning the eggs, this is a good time to mark one side with an ‘X’ (using a non-toxic pencil) so you don’t forget which side is up when turning them.
Step 3: After putting the egg in the unit, the temperature and humidity will start to rise until they reach the pre-set levels. Check in about two hours to see that they have stabilized. Because of the eggs you added, you may have to make some small adjustments. Incubation periods for different species of eggs vary, but the entire process of incubating chicken eggs will take 21 days from this point, so start the countdown!
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Egg Incubator
Q-1: How Closely Do I Need To Monitor The Incubator?
- This depends on whether or not your egg incubator regulates the humidity and temperature for you. If you are using a manual incubator, then it’s important to be present to keep track of the levels yourself. This is something that you will have to do frequently throughout the day to ensure the safety of your eggs.
Q-2: Do I Need An Alarm?
- Most electrical egg incubators come with alarms or warning lights if the environment inside the unit changes drastically. This can be extremely helpful if you’re unable to give your incubator lots of attention. It’s always a good idea to have something to alert you to possible issues that can affect your hatching process such as low water levels and so on.
Q-3: Do I Need To Have Back-Up Power?
- If you live in an area where there’s a risk of power cuts or shortages, then it’s a good idea to get a back-up battery with your incubator. Some models come with a backup power source and this is ideal for people using egg incubators on farms.
Q-4: What is The Best Temperature for Incubating Eggs?
- According to the best egg reviews, the bird eggs that are most commonly hatched, like chicken, quail, duck, pheasant, and goose have an ideal temperature of 99.5F. But some experienced breeders have their own preference, and will often raise or lower this based on their experience. Using the right temperature is vital. If it’s either too high or too low, it can result in weak, sickly hatchlings that die easily or are deformed.
Q-5: What Egg Turner Rail Size Should I Use?
- There are 3 basic sizes to choose from: Small (quail rails), Medium (universal), and Large (goose rails). The universal size rails (medium) can accommodate eggs up to medium-sized duck eggs. For large-sized duck eggs, you’ll need goose rails.
Now that you’ve read all you need to know about how to pick the ideal incubator for your needs, my advice to you is to choose the best eggs incubator that you can afford. This is an investment that will pay for itself many times over in the coming months or years. To make things easier for yourself, use our review list to help you choose from the top 10 egg incubators on the market right now.
Any of the units we reviewed and rated will help make the next hatching season a success. No matter what species or breed you’re incubating, these units will ensure you have the highest hatching rate possible with your eggs.