If you’re a stay-at-home mom, an aspiring chef, or someone who spends a fair amount of time in the kitchen, you’ve probably noticed how your legs and back get sore due to prolonged standing without the right support.
So standing on the bare floor for long periods of time puts pressure on your legs, feet, hips, and back. This can lead to joint and muscle fatigue.
In this article, we are going to look at some of the best kitchen floor mats that are designed to help relieve such issues.
Our top 10 Kitchen Floor Mats: At A Glance
If you spend a lot of time standing in one place, then read on to find out everything you need to know about standing mats. In this review, you will learn what anti-fatigue mats are, the pros and cons of using one, as well as how to choose the best mat for your particular needs.
- Top 10 Best Kitchen Floor Mats Review:
- 1. GelPro Anti Fatigue Resistant therapeutic energy return
- 2. Ergodriven Not Flat Anti Fatigue Calculated Must Have
- 3. ComfiLife Anti Fatigue Floor Mat
- 4. NewLife GelPro Anti Fatigue Pomegranate Resistant
- 5. Premium Anti Fatigue Standing Mat
- 6. AMCOMFY Kitchen Fatigue Comfort Standing
- 7. Oversized Chef Antifatigue Kitchen Mats
- 8. CubeFit Terramat Parent
- 9. Royal Anti Fatigue Comfort Mat Workstations
- 10. Extra Thick INCH Standing Fatigue
- Things To Consider When Buying Kitchen Floor Mats
- The Necessity of Kitchen Floor Mats:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Verdict
Top 10 Best Kitchen Floor Mats Review:
1. GelPro Anti Fatigue Resistant therapeutic energy return
- PATENTED GEL TECHNOLOGY! GelPro Elite features a ¾” core of soothing gel + energy-return foam which dramatically reduces stress, fatigue & discomfort while standing.
- BEVELED REINFORCED EDGES AND DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: The GelPro Elite cushion comfort mat features beveled edges that will not curl or wear down and protects you from tripping over it.
- Reinforced, beveled edges to prevent anyone from tripping on the mat
- Patented gel technology has proven to reduce stress, discomfort, and fatigue
- Durable construction for long-lasting use
- Non-skid safety bottom prevents slippage
- Manufactured in the USA according to highest quality standards
Comfortable, life-enhancing, and built to last – this product from a top quality brand takes the top spot on our list.
Let’s Gel Inc., the company which produces these mats, offers different solutions for various home and work environments. The GelPro energy return mat is one of their best inventions yet.
The stain-resistant feature of this mat makes it extremely easy to clean. This is something that most users really appreciate.
As far as such comfort systems go, GelPro definitely takes the cup. Their mats are the plushest you’ll find on the market right now.
They are certainly among the best gel kitchen floor mats that you can get. They give a luxurious feel that makes you want to stand on them for much longer than you need to.
The dual comfort core in GelPro mats does a lot more than provide comfort and reduce pain. It also promotes proper circulation and reduces pain in the back, hips, knees, ankles, and feet.
If you suffer from issues like plantar fasciitis, arthritis, or other conditions related to extended standing periods, then this could be the ideal solution to your problem.
- Excellent beveled edges for slip-prevention
- Waterproof, stain resistant, and very easy to clean
- Comes with a 5-year warranty
- The backing may not last as long as the rest of the mat
2. Ergodriven Not Flat Anti Fatigue Calculated Must Have
- THE BEST STANDING DESK MAT: Topo is the first anti-fatigue mat designed specifically for standing desks. It boasts premium comfort mat material and patented next-generation terrain features. That’s why it’s been The Wirecutter’s top pick since 2016.
- SIT LESS AND STAND BETTER: Spend more time out of your chair and move more while you stand, with Topo’s meticulously designed ergonomic topography. Our infinite possible micro and macro movements provide a plethora of new and dynamic positions.
- Engineered for easy positioning with just one foot
- Ergonomic design inspires varied stances
- Has cushioned terrain that drives subconscious movement
- Dynamic standing increases blood flow resulting in more energy
- Only mat made with the same material both on the top and bottom
Considered the best standing desk mat according to many user reviews online, this product earns the second spot on our list. It’s an entirely different style of a mat and its complex design comes with a host of benefits.
It’s made with 100% polyurethane and has divots, bumps, and raised edges that work to encourage movement. While it may sound a bit ‘gimmicky’, customers who have actually used this product claim that it instantly relieves pressure from the legs and back.
Over time, it reduces the symptoms of poor standing such as varicose veins thanks to significant improvement in blood circulation.
The unusual design of the terrain means that you constantly and subconsciously shift your stance because it becomes slightly uncomfortable to be in one position for an extended period of time.
That’s how this standing mat gets your blood flowing more than ordinary mats.
Not only that but the raised back serves as a useful way of doing calf stretches while you stand;the middle part that’s shaped like a teardrop acts as a sort of massage ball that tired feet will appreciate.
- Unique design that encourages you to shift your feet regularly
- Made with slick, durable, waterproof materials
- Can be repositioned quickly and easily with just one foot
- Comes with an impressive 7-year warranty
- Wearing shoes mutes the bumps and divots in the terrain quite a bit
- Although it does come with many extra benefits, it’s priced higher than other mats in the same category
3. ComfiLife Anti Fatigue Floor Mat
- Anti Fatigue Mat: The ComfiLife anti-fatigue floor mat enhances comfort while standing. It is professionally engineered and can be used as padded kitchen mat or for your standup desk that is guaranteed not to lose support over time
- High Quality Materials: Manufactured from superior materials, the ComfiLife cushioned mat core is made of 3/4" thick, high-density foam that reduce discomfort on feet, knees, legs, and back while standing for an extended period
- Designed for multiple uses ranging from kitchen to garage to work spaces
- ComfiLife manufactures its products using only superior, high-quality materials
- Ergonomic mat has an anti-microbial surface which makes it safe and easy to clean
- Durable, non-slip bottom prevents injuries and accidents from sliding mats
- Lifetime satisfaction guarantee for your peace of mind
This mat is perfect to use anywhere you stand for long periods of time, such as in the kitchen, laundry, work bench or standing desk. It’s designed to help promote good posture and relieve back pain and aching joints.
If you’ve been suffering from muscle and joint stiffness associated with prolonged standing, then the ComfiLife anti fatigue kitchen mats are a great option to try out.
Whether you’re washing dishes, cooking, folding laundry, or working at your desk – this mat will enhance your comfort while you stand and give your feet the relief they long for.
It’s padded with thick, high-density foam and maintains its support over time. In addition to being durable, this mat also has stain resistant properties and is extremely easy to clean.
If you’re looking for an anti-fatigue mat to help ease discomfort from standing, then this is one that’s definitely worth considering.
It also has the advantage of being portable enough for you to move it easily from one space to another.
- This mat is non-toxic and 100% phthalate-free
- Waterproof, stain-resistant, and can be wiped clean using a damp cloth
- Resistant to abrasions and punctures
- It’s heat sensitive which means you have to keep it at room temperature at all times
4. NewLife GelPro Anti Fatigue Pomegranate Resistant
- THICK, SUPPORTIVE ERGO-FOAM CORE: This anti-fatigue cushion mat for standing features a 3/4’’ thick ergo-foam core which can provide excellent support and prevent feet, legs and back pain.
- SLIP RESISTANT, SAFETY BOTTOM: This kitchen and desk standing mat features a steady, non-skid bottom surface that assures maximum safety, effectively preventing slipping accidents.
- The NewLifeGelPro has a thick supportive core ideal for hard floors
- Made from high-quality foam which is resistant to abrasions
- Wide range of aesthetically pleasing options to match any decor
- Designed for chef kitchens, this mat is super easy to clean
- Light-duty, multi-use mat made right here in the US
NewLife really outdid themselves with this thick foam anti-fatigue mat. It comes with a lot of benefits and is definitely one of the best kitchen floor mats on the market right now.
It provides great support for the legs, feet, and back – particularly for people who have to stand on hard floors.
Standing puts a lot of pressure on your muscles and joints. It can even impact your spine. This mat is specifically designed to help keep your body straight, and reduce the stress on your muscles which results in fewer blood flow restrictions.
Ultimately, your entire body benefits from increased oxygen to the muscles and you experience less fatigue.
If you’re searching for a kitchen mat that can help ease your pain and discomfort from having to stand in one place for extended periods, then consider buying this mat.
It not only helps to reduce the compression of your spinal cord, but its thick core lessens the amount of pressure that is exerted on your body from hard floors.
- Has a 3/4” thick core that’s great for hard floors
- Comes in a wide variety of sizes and colors
- Made from high-quality foam that lasts a long time
- Beveled edges are durable and won’t curl
- The surface of the mat gets a bit slippery when wet
- The mat may slide a little on laminated floors
5. Premium Anti Fatigue Standing Mat
- 5-Pack of anti-fatigue mats to help reduce stress on feet, knees and legs when standing; ideal for kitchens, work stations or standing desks
- Cushiony foam layer conforms to the contours of your feet
- A simple and comfortable mat that works to reduce fatigue when standing on hard floors
- Made from a foam layer which adapts to your feet’s shape
- Grease resistant surface that can be wiped clean in an instant
- Beveled edges that don’t roll help to avoid tripping
- Comes in a variety of colors including black, light, and dark brown
It certainly offers value for money. It’s a simple yet effective solution to the issues that most people face when they have to stand on cold, hard floors for long periods of time. It’s durable, comfortable, and affordable.
When searching for an anti-fatigue mat to use in your home, this is a great option to consider. While not as fancy as the other offerings on our list of the best-rated kitchen floor mats, this product is unobtrusive and practical.
The textured surface of the mat is also very easy to keep clean. Simply wipe it with soap and water. All in all, this is a great choice if you want an inexpensive solution to your standing woes.
It may not be the thickest mat, but it has enough cushioning to provide ample support. For the price, you get solid relief from hours of standing on hard floors.
- Stain and abrasion-resistant surface
- Cushioned foam layer
- Beveled edges that won’t curl
- Affordably priced
- There are reports that this mat sometime moves around on the floor
- Limited color options
6. AMCOMFY Kitchen Fatigue Comfort Standing
- Unique Design: The antique color comfort mat with a unique flower pattern will add vintage style to your home kitchen and make you feel warm and bright.
- Safety First: This Kitchen mats with tapered edges reduce tripping hazards. Non-slip bottom layer keeps it in place on a hardwood floor, tile floor. Perfect for use in the kitchen, in front of stove, sink or washing machine, laundry room or office standing desk.
- Beautifully textured surface and vintage design
- Made from gel foam that alleviates stress in pressure points
- 100% premium, non-toxic materials
- Stain resistant, mold resistant, and very easy to clean and maintain
- Polyurethane gel foam anti-fatigue mat is vacuum-friendly
This polyurethane gel foam mat has been described by users as being among the softest anti-fatigue mats on the market.
According to user reviews, this 3/4” thick mat allows your body weight to spread on your feet evenly. This is different than other mats which allow your weight to center on your heel.
When you use this mat for the first time, you will instantly feel relief from pain and discomfort. If you have to stand on it all day, you’ll notice a difference when compared to your hours spent standing on the cold hard floor.
This single-piece construction is eco-friendly, non-toxic, and phthalate-free. That means it’s safe for babies, pets, and individuals with allergies.
In addition to all these benefits, this mat also has a visually appealing textured surface and adds a vintage aura to any indoor space.
- 100% handmade and quality assured
- Unique, beautiful flower pattern
- Mildew and scratch resistant
- Competitively priced
- While the manufacturer claims that heels and other sharp objects won’t damage the mat, there have been reports of mats getting pierced.
7. Oversized Chef Antifatigue Kitchen Mats
- 12mm ARTISTIC TOUCH! The kitchen is the center of a home full of life! Ensure to bring that liveliness and brightness with our kitchen mats! Choose from a variety of professionally printed designs! Kitchen mats are made high quality with vibrant colors. Our mats fill the kitchen with energy! You will love washing dishes, baking, and cooking once you transform your kitchen. Fits perfectly with every kind of decor. The eyes of your guests will gravitate towards your decorative mats!
- MULTIPLE SIZES & DESIGNS! The possibilities are endless with our kitchen mats. Bring your kitchen to life with a pop of color and design! Ranging from cute home goods, bright patterns, and funky designs. Your guests will be drawn in by the liveliness of your kitchen! The non slip kitchen mat is comfortable! Cushion for comfort! Essential floor-mat for your home!
- PUV foam combined with Textilene give this mat its unique properties
- Rustic patterns, café-themed to fit the décor in most kitchens
- Anti-fatigue mat cushions feet for long-standing sessions on hard floors
- Non-skid backing to hold mat in place provides extra safety
- This design marries aesthetics and function beautifully
This Designer Chef Anti Fatigue Mat is a great addition to any kitchen. It comes in a variety of beautiful patterns that will enhance your décor.
The base of the mat is coated with a non-skid latex compound which helps to keep the mat in place when in use. This is essential for avoiding slipping accidents or injuries.
While not as thick as other mats on our list, this oversized offering provides ample relief for your feet, ankles, hips and back. It’s also very easy to clean and maintain.
All you need to do to get rid of dirt on the mat is to wipe it with a damp, soapy cloth and then air-dry it.
- Versatile, clean design
- Colorful options to choose from
- Very affordably priced
- Not very thick, and mat may slip on the laminated floor
- There are reports that the mat may not be very durable.
8. CubeFit Terramat Parent
- 3D Design helps you burn calories while you work
- Ergonomic foam stretches your feet as you stand
- Thicker width than most other standing desk mats
- Slides in one motion for an easy transition from standing to sitting
- Has pressure peaks that stimulate feet and massage tired soles
Why settle for normal mats when you can have the patented engineering of CubeFitTerraMat? This ergonomic anti-fatigue mat has a unique 3D design that relieves the pressure of standing all day.
Unlike some other mats that are only good for easing your burden for a couple of hours at a time, this one is perfect for anyone who has to stand all day long.
Thanks to its design, it offers multiple positions and stances that help you subconsciously keep moving. This helps to improve blood flow to your legs and prevent muscle fatigue and joint aches.
This mat is ideal for various situations, from the kitchen to conference use. It can also be transformed from standing to sitting and is much thicker than most other mats in its category.
This is a great option for anyone who needs maximum comfort and health benefits from their anti-fatigue mat.
- Comes in an impressive 3-D design
- Works on the feet’s acupressure point to increase relaxation
- The mat is adjustable to 11 different positions
- Very reasonably priced considering all its benefits
- The outer coating may crack if exposed to harsh sunlight
9. Royal Anti Fatigue Comfort Mat Workstations
- The Multi-Surface, All Purpose Standing Mat: Ergonomic standing mat works on marble, wood, laminate or any type of flooring and will never flip, bend, or fold; This all purpose mat soft for comfort but durable enough to withstand spills, or kitchen disasters Modern clean design makes it appropriate for kitchen, bathroom, office, and commercial spaces such as hotels, airlines, and industrial facilities.
- Relieves Pressure & Fatigue: Anti-fatigue floor mats relieve up to 40% of the pressure on your feet, knees, lower back, and joints while doing standing work; Whether you’re cooking a family meal or working at your standing desk, you’ll feel like you’re standing on a cloud; Less fatigue equals more energy
- Competitively priced mat with a host of benefits
- Comes in many beautiful colors including Caramel, Mocha Brown, and Jet Black
- Mats are padded with ideal thickness for support on hard floors
- All-purpose design means you can use it anywhere including the bathroom
- Stain- resistant, scratch-resistant, and 100% eco-friendly
This mat is marketed as an all-purpose, luxurious, comfortable mat for kitchens, bathrooms, and workstations.
As far as standing mats go, this one isn’t as squishy as ones made from memory foam, but it does give you a pleasant feeling in your feet, ankles, and back when standing on it.
It’s a very good option for anyone whose body feels the effects of standing for hours at a time. It comes with a lifetime warranty, which means that you never have to worry about it warping, bending, or splitting.
Your joints and muscles will benefit from your use of this mat. It’s proven to relieve up to 40% pressure on your ankles, knees, hips, and spine while standing.
The mat also helps to correct poor stance, helping you achieve better results in the long term.
- Beveled edges help prevent tripping and other related accidents or injuries
- Can be used in a variety of environments including bathrooms, garages, etc.
- Sufficient cushioning provides ample support
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- High-quality materials and patented construction makes it a bit pricey
10. Extra Thick INCH Standing Fatigue
- This mat uses exclusive air-cell technology
- Non-toxic, 100% eco-friendly and phthalate-free
- Made with high-density foam that won’t lose support over time
- Super-thick mat perfect for hours standing on hard floors
- Contoured beveled edge means no curl edges reducing trip hazard
The last mat to make it onto our list of the best kitchen floor mats is the extra-thick standing Fatigue. This anti-fatigue mat comes in two convenient sizes and is an inch thick.
Thanks to its environmental friendliness, it’s ideal for use in homes where there are small children and pets.
It’s constructed from solid, long-lasting polyurethane and has a high-density core which will never lose support as time goes on.
In addition to the contoured edges, this mat also has no-curl edges which greatly reduce the chances of anyone slipping on it and getting injured.
The non-slip bottom prevents shifting and ensures that the mat stays in place. Great for the kitchen, sales counters, receptionists, and any other environment where you have to stand for hours at a time.
- Made from extremely soft material
- Very durable and maintains its integrity for a long time
- Solid polyurethane construction
- Thick core and waterproof exterior
- If beveled edges are important to you, then this mat may not be your best option
- Some people feel that it’s too soft to be sufficiently supportive
Things To Consider When Buying Kitchen Floor Mats
There are certain factors to consider before buying anti-fatigue mats. The sheer range of available options on the market makes it hard to choose the right one.
Standing mats come in a vast selection of sizes, colors, materials, quality, and price. To help you make the best choice for your specific needs, we’ve listed the most important things you need to look for below:
1. Type of Work Performed by the Mat
Mats from different brands come with a variety of features. Your needs will determine the right mat for you to choose.
For instance, will you place your mat on a concrete floor or will you require the best kitchen mats for hardwood floors?
Will you stand on it while chopping vegetables at your kitchen counter, or is it going to be next to the stove where there’s a chance of greasy spills?
If the mat is going to be subjected to a lot of grease and spills in the kitchen then that’s something you need to factor into your decision when choosing the best floor mats for kitchen use.
Considering your needs will help you choose the ideal mat.
2. Choose the Right Size
Take into consideration the size of the mat you want to purchase.
Ultimately, if you are going to be using the mat in a variety of ways (eg. in the kitchen and also at your standing desk) you may want a mat that is portable so you can easily move it from one room to the next.
If you’d rather have a larger unit, take that into account before making your purchase.
3. Longevity or Lifespan of the Mat
This factor directly impacts how much money you will spend or save in the long run. You should always check the lifespan of the mat before you make your purchase.
This has a lot to do with the construction of the mat as well as the materials used. Most good quality kitchen mats last between a few months to a few years, depending on use.
4. Easy Maintenance
Cleaning and maintenance are factors that play a huge role in the decision-making process. Keeping your mat clean shouldn’t be a full-time job.
So choose an ergonomic floor mat that is easy to clean and maintain from our list of best-rated kitchen floor mats.
Your budget is something else that you need to keep in mind when choosing the best kitchen mat for your needs.
Luckily, there’s no need to break the bank as most of the mats on our review list are not only high in quality but affordable, too.
6. Thickness and Firmness of the Mat
The firmness of an anti-fatigue mat has a massive impact on how well it combats fatigue. Choosing one that is too soft or too hard negates the potential benefits and could increase your likelihood of experiencing fatigue or even injury.
Consider the type of floor that you’ll be using the mat on. For instance, is it a hard tile/hardwood floor, or is it a softer, carpeted floor (in which case you wouldn’t need the thicker mats).
7. Type and Quality of Material
Kitchen mats are made from a wide variety of materials including foam, rubber, and gel. The quality you choose directly affects the durability of your mat.
You need to choose a mat that is made from high-quality materials that won’t warp, tear, fade, or slide.
Some types of foam break down easily and create a layer of slippery dust underneath the mat, so choose carefully.
In our list of the top 10 anti-fatigue mats, you’ll be able to find the best gel kitchen floor mats as well as other types of mats.
The Necessity of Kitchen Floor Mats:
The best kitchen floor mats aren’t just comfortable for your feet and great for your health, they also offer a lot of additional benefits.
If you’re still on the fence about whether these kitchen floor mats are actually necessary, then consider the following advantages to using them in your home:
1. Provide comfort
They are designed to be ergonomic and provide optimal comfort for anyone who has to stand in one spot for long periods of time.
Standing for lengthy periods puts a lot of pressure on the legs, feet, hips, and back. This can cause a lot of discomfort or pain. Using an anti-fatigue mat is a great way of relieving this pain.
2. Help to prevent health issues
Standing too long on hard floors can lead to decreased blood flow in your muscles. This can result in a host of medial issues which include joint aches, muscle fatigue, swelling of feet, blood clotting, and varicose veins.
Well-constructed mats help to prevent these and other conditions. Our list of rated and reviewed mats represents the best floor mats for kitchen use that you can choose from.
3. Prevent injury
When used by the sink or stove, these types of mats are invaluable for catching food, grease, water, or soap that splatters to the floor. This improves your traction and reduces your chances of slipping and hurting yourself.
Standing mats are particularly useful if you have wood floors in your kitchen. In addition to keeping you safe, they also protect that area of the floor.
That’s yet another great reason why you need to take a look at the best kitchen mats for hardwood floors on our list.
Although this review article focuses mostly on the use of anti-fatigue mats in the kitchen, there are a lot of other places where you can use them.
This includes laundry rooms, garages, bathrooms, and even at your standing desk. No matter where you choose to use your mat, it’s designed to help prevent slippage and injury.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do Kitchen Mats Really Help Reduce Fatigue?
Yes. Well-designed kitchen mats have been scientifically proven to boost your health and performance in a variety of ways.
These benefits may be hard to notice at first, but you will see the difference over time. They stimulate your blood flow and increase oxygen levels in your muscles.
This effectively reduces aches and fatigue in your body.
2. How Long do Anti-Fatigue Mats Last?
Most kitchen mats are designed to last one or more years, but the length of time each mat will last vary dramatically depending on the factors listed below:
- Type of material used
- Level of foot traffic each day
- Maintenance schedule
- The frequency of shifts from one place to another
- Caustic chemicals or fluids
- Exposure to grease or oils
- Excessive temperatures
3. How Thick Should These Mats Be?
Your mat’s width is a very important factor to consider. Mats that are either too thin or too thick will actually negate any benefits that an anti-fatigue mat is supposed to provide.
The optimal width is 3/4” as this has been shown to provide the best anti-fatigue features. But if you intend to use the mat on soft flooring, then a width of 1/2” will suffice.
4. How Do You Clean or Maintain Anti-Fatigue Mats?
While these mats are very durable, they are not indestructible. You need to avoid sharp objects on the mat that might puncture it, such as pointy heels or falling knives.
Wash your mat at least once a year following the guidelines for that specific product.
Keep in mind that even the best kitchen floor mats are prone to damage from strong chemicals. When cleaning them, you need to avoid hydrocarbon solvents, vinyl, and oil-based cleaners.
5. How Often Should I Replace My Anti-fatigue Mat?
As previously mentioned, the durability of your mat will be greatly determined by its construction and the material used. Different types of mats from various manufacturers come with different life-cycles.
However, it’s always a good idea to check your mat for damage every 6 months to a year. If you notice any damage, it’s time to replace the mat.
So, what’s the bottom line – Are anti-fatigue mats worth it? The answer is simple, yes. As long as you spend any significant amount of time standing in one place, then you absolutely must get one.
It’s impossible to ignore the many health, comfort, and safety benefits ergonomic kitchen mats offer.
And when you consider their affordable pricing, getting one mat (or two, or three…) for your home becomes a no-brainer.
Our best anti-fatigue mats reviews will help you make the best choice for your health and your home.