Are you a person who prefers making their own food at home? Or are you someone who enjoys hunting season and want more ways to preserve the meat you get?
Or maybe you plan on opening your own eatery and are looking for handy machines to stock your kitchen. Whichever category you fall into, then you know a good sausage stuffer is a must-have.
They process any kind of meat and make it easier for you to stuff it into sausage casings.
In this sausage stuffer review, we will review different types of sausage stuffers available in the market.
Top 5 Sausage Stuffer: Editor Recommended
|1||LEM Products 1606 5-Pound Stainless Steel Vertical...||$179.00||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Hakka Brothers 7Lb/3L Sausage Stuffers and Sausage...||$148.99||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Stainless Steel Vertical Sausage...||$148.99||Buy on Amazon|
|4||MASTER FENG Sausage Stuffer, Stainless Steel...||$59.99||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Sausage Stuffer-Sausage Maker Machine Manual...||$25.99||Buy on Amazon|
This way you can pick the best sausage stuffer suited to your needs. We will also have a buying guide with pointers you should keep in mind when in the market for sausage stuffers.
By the end of it, you will definitely have landed on a sausage stuffer so you can start your sausage making journey as soon as possible.
The 10 Best Sausage Stuffer Reviews
1. VIVO Sausage Stuffer
- Metal construction - stainless steel cylinder and spout, as well as stable metal base and crank. All gears and pistons are also constructed of durable metal. This product complies with RoHS, is LFGB certified, and meets SGS food safety standards.
- Airflow and filling - Piston includes an air release valve to allow air to escape and keep stuffer from overheating. The entire cylinder tilts back which allows for convenient filling.
One of the most important things to look for in anything you are buying is the build. The VIVO sausage stuffer has that taken care of. It uses high-quality and durable metals in the frame, base, and gears.
The stuffer’s cylinder is made of rust-resistant stainless steel. The high-quality construction makes this the best sausage stuffer and you can use it for a long time that makes it a worthy long-term investment.
The cylinder’s capacity is at 7 pounds with a 7.9 diameter mouth. This capacity makes it easy to fill up and to clean.
You can easily disassemble the parts for thorough cleaning to ensure you maintain high levels of hygiene. The stuffer also features a plastic crank that makes it easy to operate.
Despite its plastic construction, the crank can withstand the pressure required to process several pounds of meat at one go.
Add to that a durable plastic nozzle and this is easily the best home sausage stuffer.
You will not have any overheating issues with the Vivo Sausage Stuffer. This is thanks to an air release valve found on the piston.
The valve removes air during operation and eliminates the build-up of bubbles for a smooth operation. It also has a rubber gasket surrounding it on the outside to prevent sausages from seeping through.
- Made from durable metals and rust-resistant stainless steel
- 7 pound capacity for holding meat
- Easy to crank handle with plastic covering for an easy operation
- Air release valve that releases air to prevent overheating
- Rubber feet at the base to prevent it from slipping
- A durable plastic nozzle that controls the size of your sausages
2. KitchenAid KSMMGA Metal Food Grinder Attachment
- Connect to any household KitchenAid Stand Mixer* power hub and use the power of the motor to run the metal food grinder attachment. *sold separately.
- The possibilities for creating fresh, inventive foods are endless with the included fine, medium and coarse grinding plates and two sausage stuffer tubes.
If you are looking for the best home sausage stuffer then look no further than the KitchenAid food grinder attachment. It works best if you have a KitchenAid stand mixer in your arsenal.
The grinder is durable and made from high-quality materials that do not rust. And it is versatile in its operation, you can use it for grinding more than sausages.
The grinder is easy to use. You attach the grinder to your stand mixer then let it do the rest.
You can even decide the size of the meat you want to grind beforehand and then let the grinder take over.
For hygiene reasons, put the grinder in a fridge to kill any bacteria that might be in it.
It also comes in a case that you can use to put the grinder together with all its parts. The case makes for easy storage and provides easy and quick access when you need it.
The grinder parts are easy to clean, you can use a brush to remove any meat bits left behind. The plastic parts of the grinder are dishwasher safe which saves you a lot of work when cleaning.
- Has a sturdy, heavy-duty, high-quality build
- Versatile in its operation; can grind more than meat
- Easy to use and clean
- Has an attachment case for storing the grinder and its parts
- Includes fine, medium and coarse grinding plates together with two sausage stuffer tubes
- Has a large food tray that allows you to process more in one batch
3. STX Turboforce II “Platinum” w/Foot Pedal Heavy-Duty Electric Meat Grinder & Sausage Stuffer
- The STX International Turboforce II (Patented Air Cooled) Complete Home Grinding Package features a Heavy Duty 2000 Maximum Watt Electric Grinder and Features a High Capacity Meat Tray that easily holds over 3 Lbs. of meat.
- The Patented Quad Air Induction Cooling System Features a Locked Motor Wattage of 2000 Watts and a Circuit Breaker for Safety. This grinder is a Size No.12 Grinder, Not a Size No.5 or No.8 Like Smaller Grinders, 2-1/2 -Inch Diameter Output for Ground Meat and 2-Inch Diameter Feed Tube.
This sausage stuffer packs quite a punch. It has a motor with 2000 watts of output power. This allows it to grind the toughest meat with ease.
You can also use it to stuff a sausage once ground. It has a 4 air cooling design that keeps the grinder’s motor cool.
This helps avoid overheating and doubles the product’s life and allows for the smooth operation of the stuffer.
It comes with 3 speeds; low, high, and reverse for easy operation. It also has a safety circuit breaker to ensure safety while working.
It comes with 3 stainless steel blades, 1 beaner plate, and a set of 3 stuffing tubes. All these accessories make it versatile, as you can use it for more than just grinding meat and stuffing sausages.
It has a 2-inch diameter feeding tube that makes it easy to put your food pieces in. the diameter can make it hard to clean if you are using your hands.
It also has an electric foot pedal for hands-free operation. Whether you decide to use it or not, the grinder will work just fine. This is definitely the best electric sausage stuffer out in the market.
- 4 part grinding head
- 3 sizes sausage stuffing tubes with an adapter and a Kibbe attachment
- Has a new style meat pusher for stuffing meat down the grinder
- 2000 watt motor power for excellent performance
- Safety circuit breaker for a safe operation
- Quad Air Cooling design to cool the motor and double its life
- Foot pedal offers a hands-free operation
4. LEM Products 824 Stainless Steel 5-Pound Manual Sausage Stuffer with SS Stuffing Tubes
- Stainless steel 5 pound manual sausage stuffer
- Comes with three stainless steel stuffing tubes: 1/2", 3/4", 1 1/4"
Here is a stuffer you can use both commercially and at home. It can hold up to 5 pounds of meat due to its large cylinder. The cylinder itself is easy to remove and has a large mouth that makes it easy to clean.
You can remove the cylinder to clean then reattach it to the system once you are done. The large size also makes it easy to fill with meat.
This LEM Products stuffer is made with a stainless steel base and cylinder. We all know how good stainless steel materials are and this stuffer is no different.
The material will enable it to stay longer and resist rust. It also has hardened steel gears that are durable. The gears eliminate slipping and wear.
They also do not collect germs and do not rust, making this one of the best sausage stuffers to use when making food.
It also has a protective gearbox. The gearbox offers additional protection. It ensures that the gears are well protected, taking durability and safety to a whole new level.
The stuffer has 3 stuffing tubes; ½ inch, ¾ inches, and 1 inch in size. It also has 2 clamps that help secure the stuffer in place when in operation.
- 5-pound cylinder for holding meat
- Stainless steel base cylinder and base for durability
- Hardened steel gears that eliminate slippage
- 3 different sized stuffing tubes
- 2 clamps that hold it in place when in use
- A protective gearbox that protects the gears and food.
- Hard plastic piston with an air release valve for easy operation
5. LEM Products 1217 30 Pound Motorized Sausage Stuffer
- The answer to one person stuffing!
- Variable speed control with 8 speeds from slow to fast
LEM is back and better than ever. This time around it is coming to you with 4 stuffing tubes instead of three. They make it easy for a one-person operation.
The stuffer has a variable speed control system with 8 speeds ranging from slow to fast depending on your stuffing pace. It also has an electric foot switch that enables hands-free operation.
The stuffer has a sturdy stainless steel body, base, and cylinder for durability. They also don’t rust which is always a bonus. The cylinder is removable for easy cleaning.
It is also easy to fill up. It also has a handle that is sturdy and makes the stuffing process easier. It is also made from durable material so you won’t have to worry about it breaking off.
This new design also has a cover on the top. This cover is there to protect the gear. It is also a stand-alone grinder so you won’t have to worry about purchasing a stand, saving you money.
This stuffer is the best you can get when it comes to easy operation. All you have to do is put your meat on and let it take care of the rest. It also has clamps that secure it in place.
- Durable and sturdy stainless steel body cylinder and base.
- Easy to remove the cylinder for easy cleaning
- Powerful motor with 8 paces for all stuffing needs
- Has an electric foot pedal for a hands-free operation
- Clamps that prevent it from slipping when in use
- Has a cover at the top to protect the gear.
6. ALTRA Electric Meat Grinder
- 【 Powerful Engine & Fast Meat Grinding 】The electric meat grinder engine with power up to 350W ( 2000W Max ). ☆2 pounds of minced meat can be produced per minute☆. This meat grinder is ideal for ground meat and stuffing making, fast and conviently. 【Notice】☆Please don't let the machine work continuously for more than 10 minutes.☆
- 【 Secrets of Making Chewy Meat 】Trough the extrusion of three spiral circles of the spiral rod attachment , the meat will be squeezed out without destroying the meat fiber. The structure and the working principle imitates the handmade meat.
An efficient meat grinder, the ALTRA electric grinder can process all kinds of meat easily and fast. It has a durable engine that features noise-reduction technology.
The engine is made out of copper, and has 450 Watts of power. It can easily cut through tough slabs of meat. It also produces up to 3 pounds of minced meat in under a minute.
Whether you use this sausage stuffer for commercial purposes or at home, you can be sure it will completely satisfy your needs.
The grinder offers exceptional speed and is highly durable thanks to the copper build.
It has three highly durable stainless steel plates that give you a choice of coarse, medium or fine cuts according to your specifications.
It also has a sausage stuffer tube that lets you make any kind of sausage you like. There is also a food pusher, 2 cut blades, and a set of 3 kibbe.
The grinder also has a large food tray that like the body is made of premium stainless steel. It also has a high level of hardness and heat resistance better than any other model.
There is also an easy to operate 3-way switch for on, off, and reverse functions. The reserve function is for unclogging the unit. It is easy to disassemble and clean. However, it is not dishwasher safe.
- A three-layer hardened steel body and food tray
- 3 way switch on/off and reverse switch for easy operation
- Has a safety lock to lock the tube securely
- Has a heat resistant function
- Easy to disassemble parts for easy cleaning
- Has 3 stainless steel plates, 1 food pusher, 2 cutting blades, and 3 kibbe attachments
- A 450-watt engine
7. Sunmile SM-G50 ETL Electric Meat Grinder
- High Power and Strong Motor: Features 350W rated power and 1000W max locked power. Grind up to 200 pounds per hour, powerful also durable motor and Metal Gear Box ensures that you will be using it time after time
- Large Size 12 Meat Grinder: Not a smaller Size 8 or Size 5 like most kitchen grinders, this one is has #12 Big capacity tray and grinder head allows you to hold and grind a generous amount of meat. The grinder head are made of polished cast aluminum. All of them are food grade and ETL certificated, secure to use in grinding
Strong motors are the building blocks of any sausage stuffer and the Sunmile grinder is no different. It has a powerful 350W motor with 1000W maximum locked power.
It can grind up to 200lbs of meat in an hour. It also has a metal gearbox that you can use for storage. The gearbox protects the grinder’s gear and ensures you can use it from time to time.
This meat grinder is one of the best commercial sausage stuffers. This is because it comes in a large 12 size with a 12 capacity tray that can hold large slabs of meat.
It also has a huge grinder head for handling a large amount of meat. The grinder and head are made of cast aluminum for durability.
Even with all these metals, the grinder is made of food-grade materials and is ETL certified so it will bring you no harm.
It comes with 3 stainless steel cutting plates for coarse, medium and fine meat grinding for perfect stuffing and filling. The cutting plates and the blade are easy to wash and are dishwasher safe.
It also has some accessories including a cutting blade, 3 cutting plates, a food pusher, and a sausage staff maker. It also has an on/off/reserve switch that makes it easy to start, stop, and reverse for easy operation.
- A strong 350watt rated power and 1000 watt maximum lock power motor
- Made from polished aluminum
- Is easy and safe to operate
- Has a circuit breaker to prevent motor burnout
- Has 3 different steel cutting places for easy stuffing
8. HAKKA BROTHERS SV-3-4 2 in 1 Sausage Stuffer Machines
- Equipped with Two fill rates system , easy to use and quick.
- 2-Speed used more quick and smoothly.
Two functions in a single machine, who wouldn’t like a deal like that? This sausage stuffer from Hakka Brothers can make both churros and sausages.
Double features seem to be the forte of this stuffer and the two fill rates are one of them. The speed settings let you control the sausage stuffing process.
This way you can protect the machine when grinding coarse meats and also keep your casings intact.
Due to its metal frame, you might think that this stuffer will be heavy, but that is not the case. It is lightweight and durable because of the stainless steel construction.
The stainless steel is one of the lightest metals but is also durable and rust-resistant. All the parts that come into contact with food maintain food hygiene standards and safety.
The design is such that you can easily reach inside and clean out the sausage stuffer, keeping all your food hygienic over time.
The stuffer’s gears are strengthened and are supported by long threaded rods to ensure a smooth workflow.
Its handle is coated with chrome and the handheld part is coated with polypropylene for a smooth touch and a sturdy grip.
It also has 4 nozzles with different diameters that let you control the thickness of your sausages.
- Air release valve to prevent overheating and lets air out
- Made of lightweight and durable stainless steel
- It has a double feature that lets you choose between different filling rates
- Four nozzles with different diameters for different stuffing sizes
- Chrome-plated cranking part with a polypropylene handle for a good grip
- Maintains high hygiene standards
9. XtremepowerUS Sausage Vertical Stuffer
This is a vertical sausage stuffer that is suited for both household and commercial use. Its capacity is 3l, which holds a lot of meat for commercial use.
You can make kielbasa, sausages, and so much more with just one grinder. The grinder can make sausages that look and feel like handmade sausages, something that gives an authentic touch even when you run a small restaurant.
The stuffer’s cylinder is made of sturdy and durable stainless steel. Some parts are made of iron so you know it is durable and anti-rust. The good materials ensure the long lifespan of the stuffer.
Its handle is ergonomically designed for easy operation that saves you a lot of energy. You can easily assemble and fix it on the edge of a table for easy use.
It is easy to clean. Its parts are easily removable for thorough cleaning. This stuffer has a one of a kind vertical design that saves space and can be stored in a cabinet easily.
It also has a low volume so you can use it easily. It has 4 differently sized sausage tubes that can make sausages in different sizes, according to your needs.
- Its vertical design helps in saving space and is easy to store
- It is made of stainless steel and iron materials for durability
- Ergonomic handle that saves energy during operations
- Easy to remove parts for easy cleaning
- Has a low noise operation
- The stuffer has a 3litre capacity for household and commercial use
- Versatile in use
10. SuperPostman Electric Meat Grinder
A safe and ergonomic grinder is a thing of beauty and this grinder delivers on both points. It is user-friendly and safe.
Its blades are fully enclosed to eliminate any possibilities of injuries. So even if you are a beginner, you can trust this sausage stuffer.
It is also multi-functional with 3 cutting plates for 3 different grinds of meat. You can also use it for more than meat. It can grind fish, wheatgrass, pepper, and more.
The grinder has a sausage attachment and a food pusher plus a kibbe attachment. These are all you could hope for in a good grinder.
The food pusher is a good safety feature since it pushes meat into the grinder leaving your fingers and hands away from the grinder.
The fact that it is an electric meat grinder means that you will not use a lot of strength to make your sausages.
The SuperPostman Electric Meat Grinder has 4 buttons: ‘on’ for switching it on, ‘O’ for turning it off, and ‘reverse’ to reverse the motor’s direction in case something is stuck.
It also has a powerful suction base that keeps the grinder firmly planted when in operation. It is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. With all its features, it is no wonder that this is the best sausage stuffer available.
- A safe, ergonomic, user-friendly grinder
- Has fully enclosed blades and a food pusher for safety
- Versatility; it can be used to grind more than meat
- Easy to operate with 4 buttons for turning it on, off and reversing
- Easy to clean, and is dishwasher safe
- A powerful suction base that makes it stay in place
What to Consider When Select Sausage Stuffer
Sausage stuffers come in two main orientations: vertical and horizontal. A sausage stuffer with a vertical orientation has a cylinder that stands upright and you put in meat from the top.
To use, you rotate the crank handle to exert downward pressure on the meat. Horizontal sausage stuffers have a cylinder that lays sideways, and you load it from one end.
Your decision between these two stuffers may be determined by space and ease of use. A horizontal stuffer takes up more space on a countertop.
Since the crank needs to be rotated 360 degrees, then you need enough space for the handle to hang over the side of the countertop. It is also easy to load a horizontal stuffer.
Further, horizontal sausage stuffers normally have a larger capacity than vertical ones.
Vertical sausage stuffers are commonly used by experts and professionally. It is easy to rotate the crank when the sausage stuffer is in a vertical position and it does not take up much counter space.
Many modern vertical stuffers feature a tilting cylinder so you can easily load and offload the meat.
However, vertical sausage stuffers typically have less capacity compared to horizontal ones.
The material a sausage stuffer is made from determines its durability and ease of cleaning. Stainless steel and aluminum are two of the most common materials used to make sausage stuffers.
They are both durable materials that are relatively easy to maintain and keep free from rust. An interior made from stainless steel is easy to keep clean because meat does not stick onto the walls.
The handle of a sausage stuffer should be tough enough to withstand the pressure of turning. Metallic handles are most ideal and are very durable. You certainly do not want a handle that can break off in the middle of processing.
The gears and other moving parts should also be made from metal if you want long-term use out of your sausage stuffer.
The capacity of the cylinder determines on how much meat you can stuff into your sausage maker at one go.
The higher the pound or liter capacity of the cylinder, the more meat you can stuff. If you normally process a lot of meat at one go, maybe for a restaurant or if you hunt game, then a larger cylinder will make the work easier.
But if you use a sausage cylinder for store bought meat for barbecues, a cylinder with a smaller capacity will work just fine.
The size of the tubes determine the size of sausages that you can make. Many sausage making machines come with three or four tubes of different sizes.
This way you can switch out one for the other depending on your preferences. When buying a sausage stuffer, look at the sizes of tubes that come with it and consider the size of sausages you want.
They are calibrated in inches, with many ranging from half and inch to a full inch.
A fast processing speed gives you the ability to stuff a lot of sausages in a short amount of time. Sausage stuffers can come with one speed or two speeds.
Those with two speeds require an experienced sausage stuffer. The ones with two speeds are great if you are starting out and are still useful for when you get the hang of sausage making and become an expert.
A sausage stuffer with adjustable speeds, i.e. more than one speed, is a great option to have if you stuff different kinds of meats.
If you process coarse grinds, then you need to get a sausage stuffer with multiple speed levels because a high speed will damage the casing.
Ease of Cleaning
It is important to keep sausage stuffers clean because they come into contact with extremely sensitive food products.
Whether you are using your sausage stuffer at home or for commercial purposes, cleanliness will protect you from a lot of health and even legal problems.
When in the market for a sausage stuffer, find one that has an interior that is easy to reach. This way you can clean and even disinfect all the parts that come into contact with food.
A sausage stuffer that can be dismantled easily for better cleaning is a very good option.
Type of Processing
Sausage stuffers can either process meat manually or using electricity. Manual stuffers are affordable and have a simple design that uses space on your countertops economically.
This makes them a good option if you make small amounts of meat every now and again, then a manual sausage stuffer should suffice.
Electrical sausage stuffers use electricity to power the grinder. This way, they can make a lot of sausages in a short amount of time.
This makes them the best option to have if you process a lot of meat after a game drive, or if you have a small restaurant business. They also use less energy to shape the sausages compared to manual sausage stuffers.
Air Release Valve
Because making the sausage involves pushing a piston down so that it can push meat through the tubes.
The up and down movement of the piston can lead to air getting trapped and this will make your casings burst. To guard against this, look for a sausage maker that has an air release valve.
This removes any air trapped in the cylinder and ensures that the process of stuffing your sausages is as seamless as possible.
There is a sausage stuffer for everyone. You do not have to break the bank to get yourself a sausage maker. Manual sausage makers are less expensive compared to electric ones.
The downside is you will use a lot of energy turning the crank. It also has slower speeds compared to electric stuffers.
Electric stuffers are more modern and have a large capacity. They are ideal for people who want to make sausages on large scale.
They are about five more times more expensive compared to manual stuffers, but they are long lasting. If you want to commercialize your sausage making venture, then electric stuffers are the way to go.
Sausage stuffers are clearly handy pieces of equipment to have around. You should have a sausage stuffer whether you prefer to make your own sausages every once in a while, or like making sausages after every hunting spree.
A good sausage stuffer can transform a boring afternoon into an exciting barbecue session with your family and friends.
In this sausage stuffer review, we have discussed what you should look for when in the market for sausage stuffers.
This buying guide will come in handy whether you are an expert or a novice in sausage making.
We have also reviewed 10 of the best sausage stuffers available in the market. So why don’t you go ahead and get yourself a sausage stuffer and get to making your own sausages?