When it comes to getting reliable water supply throughout the year, one of the most convenient solutions is to pump water into the storage tank.
However, there are many different types of pumps, and it’s important to know the exact one that will satisfy your needs.
Our Top 10 Picks: At A Glance
In this article, we take a look at everything you need to know in order to choose the best shallow well pump on the market right now.
As you well know, not all products are the same. Brands differ, as well as quality, features, and price. Here you will discover how to choose the right pump to satisfy your water needs.
To top it all off, we’ve made things even easier for you by including 10 of the most popular options that are currently available.
So without further ado, let’s get to it!
- Top 13 Best Shallow Well Pump Review:
- 1. Flotec Shallow Well Jet Pump
- 2. Wayne 1/2HP Shallow Well Pump
- 3. Goulds Shallow Well Pump Jet
- 4. Acquaer Convertible Deep Well Pump
- 5. Red Lion Shallow Well Pump
- 6. Wayne 1HP Shallow Well Pump
- 7. 1.6HP Stainless Steel Submersible Pump
- 8. Bacoeng Shallow Well Pump
- 9. Goplus Shallow Well Jet Pump
- 10. BurCam Stainless Steel Pump System
- 11. Sta-Rite Shallow Well Pump
- 12. Happy Buy Shallow Well Pump
- 13. Xtreme Power Water Well Jet Pump
- Things To Consider When Buying Shallow Well Pump:
- Advantages of the Shallow Well Pump:
- Shallow Well Pump vs Submersible Pump:
- Shallow Well Pump Use and Maintenance
- Some Common Problems & Troubleshooting:
- Final Verdict
Top 13 Best Shallow Well Pump Review:
1. Flotec Shallow Well Jet Pump
This shallow well pump from flow tech has a built-in pressure switch. It offers superior performance up to 25 feet in depth.
The 1/2HP pump performs at 8 gallons per minute and has a fibreglass-reinforced thermoplastic housing for the pump. This means that you get the highest resistance of corrosion possible.
The pump also comes with a heavy-duty dual voltage motor that is preset at 115V. It’s self-priming after the pump housing is first filled.
Designed for a wide range of applications, this CSA-certified pump provides incredible results. You will have a reliable supply of water to your home or business.
In addition to being corrosion resistant, the pump is also designed to be resistant to sand in the water.
It has a dustproof cover that protects all the electrical components from insects, dust, and debris. Overall, this is a high-quality, durable motor that offers long-lasting use.
- Rugged, durable, stainless steel shaft
- Heavy-duty ball bearings for enhanced performance
- Insulated motor windings
- The powerful motor offers non-stop operation
- Corrosion-resistant fiberglass-reinforced thermoplastic
2. Wayne 1/2HP Shallow Well Pump
- Assembled in the US with foreign and domestic parts
- 1/2 hp; max. Flow rate is 375 gallons per hour; (50 psi)
Wayne is a brand that is known in this industry for its innovation and quality service. Their shallow well pump provides fresh, clean water in a dependable way. The pump is assembled in the US and is self-priming.
You’ll be able to quickly and easily bring up water from a depth of up to 25 feet. It has dual voltage, both 120V, and 240V.
It also comes with a 30/50 pressure switch as part of the pumping mechanism. If you want a reliable convenient way of bringing fresh water into your home, this is a great pump for you to consider.
This 1/2HP pump will give you a flow of 384GPH or gallons per hour. It has a square flange motor with thermal protection that helps to prevent the motor from overheating.
If a situation does arise where the motor should overheat, it automatically shuts off and only resumes operation once temperatures have returned to normal.
If you’re in the market for a shallow well jet pump, this is a high-quality motor that is designed for long-lasting use and comes with a three-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- 1/2HP motor with a max flow rate of 420GPH
- High-efficiency square flange motor
- Durable cast iron volute
- Volute priming has dedicated priming port
- Includes a three-year warranty
3. Goulds Shallow Well Pump Jet
- Pumps are manufacturer tested and may contain water inside from such testing,
- See all sketch images for more details, NEMA standard, 60 Hz, 1/2 HP, 115/230 V capacitor start, single phase, 3500 RPM
This shallow well pump from Goulds is compact in design. It has an integrated shallow well adapter that is built into its casing. This eliminates the need to have a separate adapter for the shallow well pump.
The back pullout design lets you disassemble the pump so you can service the parts without disturbing the piping.
The motor has two compartments for easy access to the wiring as well as the replaceable components inside the motor. The pump case also contains a nozzle cleanup plug to make maintenance easy.
The pump’s corrosion-resistant tubing and fittings are made from engineered plastic, and all of them are easy to remove for cleaning.
Overall, this is a high-quality, easy to use, and easy to maintain shallow-well pump that will serve the needs of your household for a long time to come.
- Manufacturer-tested to ensure quality
- Powerful 1/2HP pump motor
- Built-in overload protection with automatic reset
- Durable stainless steel shaft and pressure regulator
- Excellent air handling capability
4. Acquaer Convertible Deep Well Pump
For anyone who is looking for the best shallow well pump, you’ll find that this is a great product for you to consider.
The Acquaer CJE 100 offers non-stop performance and a reliable supply of water from wells that are up to 25 feet in depth.
This 1HP convertible pump can be used both as a shallow well jet pump and also has a deep well pump for wells that have a depth of between 26 and 80 feet. The pump is designed to run at either 115 or 230V.
There is a quick change switch for voltage selection, and also a pressure switch that is set to 50 psi off and 30 psi on for high-pressure delivery.
This is undoubtedly one of the best convertible pumps you can get to service both shallow and deep wells.
- 1HP motor with a maximum head of 164 feet
- 1¼-inch suction with 1-inch discharge
- The pump comes with injector kit
- High-quality factory-wired dual voltage motor
- Comes with a two-year limited warranty
5. Red Lion Shallow Well Pump
- 1/2 HP SHALLOW WELL JET PUMP: Shallow well jet pump is ideal for use in pumping at depth of 25 feet or less. Premium 1/2-HP jet pump is used for supplying fresh water to large homes, farms, and cabins.
- HEAVY-DUTY CAST IRON CONSTRUCTION: This heavy-duty pump is designed with a 115/230-volt motor with capacitor as well as corrosion and rust-resistant cast iron casing to ensure years of service and reliability.
With a flow rate of 7GPM, this shallow well pump from Red Lion will keep your home, farm, cabin, etc. supplied with fresh, clean water all the year-round.
Thanks to its powerful motor design, you can be sure that this mechanism will be running efficiently for years to come.
This premium heavy-duty pump comes with a 115/230V motor which has a capacitor. The cast iron casing is corrosion resistant to ensure long-lasting durability and reliable performance. It also has a 30/50 pressure switch that is preset at the factory.
The pump comes with a convenient voltage selector to allow a simple connection to the grid or any other existing power sources.
For high performance and efficient water flow, then this is the ideal shallow well pump for your needs.
- Powerful 1/2HP shallow well pump
- Heavy-duty construction from cast iron
- Glass-filled thermoplastic diffuser and impeller
- Includes factory preset pressure switch 30/50
- Voltage selector for simple power connection
6. Wayne 1HP Shallow Well Pump
- 1 hp; max. Flow rate is 510 gallons per hour; (50 psi). For wells 0 ft. - 25 ft. in depth
- 3/4 in. Npt discharge with 1-1/4 in. Suction
This is the second shallow well pump that we have on our list from this brand. Unlike the first offering, this pump has a 1HP motor and has a maximum flow rate of up to 630 gallons per hour.
Designed for wells that are less than 20 feet in depth, the SWS 100 jet pump will provide you with the constant flow of water to your residence.
With performance designed to last for years, you can be sure that you will have a fresh, clean, and dependable supply of water all through the seasons.
Wayne is a brand that is known for its quality and service as well as innovation in the industry, and they stand behind each of their products with a solid warranty.
All the pumps are assembled in the US and quality-checked to deliver the ultimate in performance.
- Max flow rate of 630 gallons per hour
- The pump features a dual voltage 120V to 240V
- High-efficiency square flange motor
- Durable cast iron volute with priming ports
- Includes a two-year warranty from the manufacturer
7. 1.6HP Stainless Steel Submersible Pump
- [Basic Size] The maximum power of the water jet pump is 1200W / 1.6hp, the size is 12.9"L x 7.8"W x 9"H, Max Suction Height: 23 feet, Max Height: 137, Feet, rope length: 42.9 '', completely satisfied with any daily needs.
- [Smart Work] Automatic switch technology-the pump can be turned on and off by sensing the presence of water, even when the water temperature is as high as 35°, it can still work, plug in the power and leave the pump unattended to achieve worry-free water removal Made possible.
The construction of this pump gives it superior performance when drawing water from wells up to 23 feet in depth. The pump features an energy-efficient motor that has thermal overload protection for your peace of mind.
It works perfectly as a sprinkler pump as well as a pump for irrigation or water transportation. Whatever your needs are, this 1.6HP machine will meet your expectations.
Made from high grade plastic and metal, the mechanism is resistant to rust as well as impurities and sand in the water.
If there any impurities that are over 1mm in diameter, they won’t be allowed to pass through. If you have been searching for a well water pump that is conveniently easy to use and maintain, this could very well be what you have been looking for.
- Powerful, efficient motor with 3000L/H capacity
- 12,000W, 1.6 HP, with max section height of 23 feet
- Ideal for irrigation or draining jobs
- Includes a safe, waterproof on/off switch
- Easy carry handle offers convenient portability
8. Bacoeng Shallow Well Pump
- STRONG: Capacity: 1200GPH, Power:1.5HP/1100W, Max Suction Height: 25 feet; Max Height: 165 Feet
- 1200 Gallon Per Hour rating tackles any draining job at a fraction of the time.Electric Centrifugal Clear Water Pump designed to transfer water from tanks, pools, rain barrels, and ground water
The Bacoeng well pump is made from durable stainless steel. It is a portable booster pump designed to supply fresh water to homes, farms, cartons, cabins, as well as for industrial applications.
It’s ideal for your garden sprinkler system, for filling your pool, draining stagnant sources of water on your property, etc.
With a maximum output water flow pressure of 69 psi, you will be able to enjoy a convenient and constant supply of water just as the urban taps offer.
The pump also comes with thermal overload protection for safe operation. When it overheats, the motor shuts off automatically and it won’t restart until it has cooled down to a safe temperature.
When you purchase this shallow well pump, you also get a handy guide which includes important troubleshooting tips.
This means that you won’t have to call a professional for help anytime there’s a little issue with your pump, thus saving you lots of money over the long run.
- Constructed from food-grade stainless steel
- The motor has strong 3,000 L/H capacity
- 66 psi water pressure ideal for irrigation and drainage
- The pump is compatible with a variety of tanks
- Convenient and safe waterproof on/off switch
9. Goplus Shallow Well Jet Pump
- 【High-efficiency and Durable】With permanent magnet separation capacitor motor, this shallow well pump owns the 1200W high efficiency working power. Powerful power supply and thermal overload protection could automatically stop the pump when the card machine is overloaded, prevent combustion and prolong the service life of the well pump.
- 【Solid Construction】Motor of this well pump is made of rugged cast iron featuring with durable, solid and corrosion-resistant. The additional bottom retainer could offer steady support for the machine when working, and helps avoid the unnecessary shaking or tip over.
This 1,200W well pump is perfect for transferring fresh water from wells or reservoirs to your home. It’s powerful enough to pump water even to the upper stories of the building. Made from rugged cast iron, this motor performs efficiently at all times.
It has solid, corrosion-resistant properties to ensure long-lasting use. Also, the motor is equipped with a pressure gauge and an automatic booster system which allows for safer and easier operation.
For any of your water supply systems arrangements, you can use this pump as it will boost water to any low-pressure supply systems.
Use it for supplying your home, watering of gardens and lawns, filling your swimming pool, etc. The energy-saving high-efficiency motor has overload and thermal protection to ensure safety during operation.
If you choose this shallow well pump, you are assured of consistent performance and reliable results for years to come.
- Durable, powerful, highly efficient motor
- Thermal overload protection to prevent combustion
- Solid, high-quality construction from stainless steel
- Slide valve for easy pump operation
- Ceramic closed motor shaft prevents rust
10. BurCam Stainless Steel Pump System
- Stainless steel pump body, easy-to prime
- Totally enclosed, fan cooled motor, bearing to bearing, built for a continuous use
Are you in the market for the best shallow well pump? If so, the BurCam 3/4HP stainless steel shallow well pump jet system is one that you should consider.
It has a 115/230V 68Hz motor that is powerful enough to pump water to satisfy all your needs.
It comes with a 6.6-gallon pressure tank that is rust-resistant. You will have the peace of mind of knowing that the water inside is clean and rust-free.
Ideal for residential use, this pump will bring you freshwater daily to your cottage, farm, or cabin. It has a maximum vertical lift ranging between zero and 25 feet.
The pump also has a built-in ejector and a high-performance impeller. The motor is totally enclosed and cooled by a fan.
It’s powered by an efficient full-time run capacitor which helps to eliminate any wear and tear associated with starting the motor. This is a unique feature that is unlike many other regular motors.
This motor is also easy to prime and designed for both intermittent and continuous use. It comes factory-assembled to allow for quick, easy installation.
- State-of-the-art 3/4HP well jet pump
- Corrosion-resistant stainless steel construction
- 25-foot maximum vertical lift
- Comes factory-assembled ready for installation
- Easy to prime, use, and maintain
11. Sta-Rite Shallow Well Pump
For anyone who wants excellent performance and strong pressure for a well that is 25 feet deep, this ProJet SN Series will offer you that and so much more.
The pump is made from durable, high-grade materials to ensure great performance over the long-term.
It includes a close-grained cast iron main body and a drain port for easy winterizing. It has a precision-molded diffuser to ensure the pump primes faster. It handles more air thanks to the multiport reinforced polypropylene diffuser.
In addition to that, it has motor windings that provide superior insulation to protect the pump against any excess of moisture or contaminants. This helps to prolong the life of the motor.
It also comes with heavy-duty ball bearings that are shielded and permanently lubricated. These are extensively tested to guarantee the smooth, quiet operation of your motor.
This 3/4HP motor is a high-flow version of the Star-Rite 1/2HP model and it will provide you with a reliable supply of water from your source.
- High-quality close-grained cast iron body
- Precision molded diffuser for faster priming
- Superior insulation materials to enhance motor life
- Dual 115V and 230V voltage
- All pumps tested by manufacturer prior to shipping
12. Happy Buy Shallow Well Pump
- Higher Pump Head & Flow: 740GPH, fully meet the daily water needs, 148ft head max, automatic operation, easy to operate, safe to use.
- Powerful Motor: 750W motor, 1 HP Shallow Well Jet Pump with high horsepower to pumping water, high efficiency, ensure that in a short time to extract enough water for daily life and agricultural irrigation.
HappyBuy designed this shallow well jet pump to be conveniently easy to use and maintain. It comes with a thermal overload protection feature built-in for safe operation.
The pump consists of a stainless steel head, tank hose, and a pressure tank with a pressure gauge.
Its stainless steel construction helps to ensure corrosion resistance throughout the entire life of the pump.
The permanent magnet separation capacitor motor offers a powerful suction mechanism for efficient and constant water flow to your home.
When the motor overheats, the thermal overload protection kicks in and automatically stops the pump until the temperature returns to safe levels. This helps to keep your pump working efficiently and prolong its life.
In addition to that, the pump has a specially-designed rotor which makes it quieter and more stable when in use. For fast speed and large water flow, this is the ideal shallow well pump for your needs.
Not only is it great performing, but it also offers cleaner, more hygienic water thanks to its corrosion-resistant properties.
- Powerful JS100 110V 1HP motor
- Easily transfers water from low to high places
- Maximum head is 148 feet
- Pump features high-quality stainless steel volute
- Wide range of applications for most water problems
13. Xtreme Power Water Well Jet Pump
- The shallow well jet pump is designed to supply fresh well water to residential homes, farms, cabins as well as agricultural structures and many others
- Jet water pump can be pumped water from a shallow or medium slope to a high place and is suitable for constructing a lawn sprinkler system
The Xtreme Power jet pump has a voltage of 110V. It comes with the 60Hz 4-foot-long above-ground power cord.
It offers a maximum water flow of 16 gallons per minute and works efficiently with a water flow temperature of up to 35°C.
This shallow well pump is portable and easy to install. It’s designed for low power consumption it will work with a 2.5 kW solar system.
It charges the tank in under five seconds and you will experience super quiet operation. The pump is very powerful and fully responsive to drops in water pressure.
If you’re looking for a pump with a powerful motor, then this impressive 1.6HP motor is perfect for you.
The pump conveniently comes pre-adjusted which means you can have it up and running in your home in no time at all.
Capable of pumping a thousand gallons an hour from wells up to 26.5 feet in depth, this is the perfect pump for anyone who wants a constant, reliable supply of water to their residence.
- Ideal for transferring water up moderate slopes
- Steel tank hose designed for long-lasting use
- High-grade steel pressure tank comes with gauge
- Self-priming pump with thermal protection
- Powerful jet pump with a flow rate of 1000GPH
Things To Consider When Buying Shallow Well Pump:
Before pulling out your wallet or credit card, there are obviously a few important features that you need to consider first.
In this section, we take a look at the different criteria to look out for when choosing the best shallow well pump.
As this is a shallow well pump, it’s obviously important to know the depth of your well so that you are assured your pump will work perfectly. A shallow well pump can only pump so much water.
Even though a lot of them are rated for around 25 feet, generally, you will achieve the best results when working at 20 feet maximum. If your well is over 25 feet deep, then you will have to get a deep well pump.
Alternatively, if the water level in the well doesn’t come up very high, then you might get a submersible pump.
Having said that, it’s important to note that there are some shallow well pumps capable of handling a 25-foot lift while maintaining a decent flow rate (6.5 GPM or more).
However, with such a motor, there is a danger of overloading frequently. One way of solving such an issue is to halve the current by running the pump at 230V.
If you get a shallow well pump that can dish out between 8 and 12GPM, that is a pretty good one. Such a pump will be able to handle a larger home, such as a four-bedroom residence.
If you want to determine the amount of power and flow rate that you need, a simple rule of thumb that you can use is to find out how many fixtures they are in the house.
Once you do, you can then assume 1GPM (gallons per minute) per fixture and multiply that by 60 in order to convert the figure to GPH (gallons per hour).
Keep in mind that there is another aspect that can affect the flow of a water pump. This is called the vertical lift, also known as the head of the pump.
So if your home requires a 12GPM flow rate of water, then a 0.5HP motor should work just fine.
Well Pump Features
When choosing your shallow well pump, make sure that you go with one that has thermal protection and overload protection features.
This is of extreme importance because the motor can overheat for a variety of reasons, even when it’s not being used at its maximum capacity.
This is usually related to a higher current which can be cut in half by running the shallow well pump at 230V.
In order to prevent water from flowing back out, you need a foot valve. You will be able to control the pressure of the water using a water pressure switch.
These are just some of the built-in features and accessories that can come with the shallow well pump.
Although none of them is mandatory, the more of them you have, the better the performance and results you will get.
Quality and Price
The price is not the most important factor, but it’s also one that you need to consider before making a decision on which will pump to go with. Just remember that for the most part, higher prices correlate to higher quality.
This means that you may have to pay a little extra in order to secure a high-quality, durable, great performing machine that will last for decades to come.
This is an important investment for you and your family and so you shouldn’t reach for the first and cheapest option that you find.
The good news is that we have researched dozens of water pumps to bring you a review list of the top 10, high-quality, affordable options that you’ll find right now.
As you can see, there are important features to consider before choosing a well pump that will work perfectly for your home.
Make sure you consider each of the factors listed above carefully before making a choice.
Advantages of the Shallow Well Pump:
Choosing a shallow well pump to ensure a steady supply of water in your home is a great option that comes with many benefits.
For one, this type of pump does an excellent job when it comes to pulling in water from depths of between 20 and 25 feet.
Whether you need the water for use inside your home, or for your irrigation and sprinkler systems, a shallow well pump is a perfect tool to help you deliver water in a reliable and convenient way throughout the year.
If you have any unwanted water on your property, such as a pond, you can use a shallow well pump to drain the water effortlessly and quickly.
With this type of water pump, you can offset it from the wall. Also, it’s easily adaptable to shallow wells with varying yields.
In addition to all that, a shallow well pump requires the least maintenance of all the different types of well pumps.
You’ll find that it’s the cheapest, which makes it a firm favorite of many homeowners who want an effective means of bringing water to the home.
These pumps come with a lot of advantages and they are worth considering for anyone whose well measures under 25 feet in depth.
Shallow Well Pump vs Submersible Pump:
There are a few different types of well water pumps that you can choose from. One of them is the submersible well pump.
Here we discuss the difference between the shallow well pump and the submersible well pump.
Shallow Well Pump
Also known as a jet pump, a shallow well pump is not submersible in the water. It can only pump water in wells that are less than 25 feet deep.
An important feature of a shallow well pump is the overload guard feature which stops the motor from overheating and burning out.
This is in stark contrast to the submersible pump which gets the cooling effect that comes with being submerged deep in water.
The best shallow well jet pump can also include a booster that works to increase the water pressure. This is yet another important feature that helps to ensure a constant pressure level in the water being delivered up from the ground into your home.
A shallow well pump can also come with a tank, which helps to keep it from being turned on and off frequently, thus preserving its integrity and enhancing its life.
Just keep in mind that such a tank would take up quite a bit of space and you should only consider it if you have ample room.
Submersible Well Pump
Submersible well pumps consist of a pump or motor assembly that is lowered into the water well. This mechanism then pumps water through a pipe to the surface.
The water is typically routed through the pipe to a pressure tank that is used inside the home. The submersible pump motor is powered by grid electricity.
This type of pump has the advantage of being extremely reliable. You’ll find very different models and sizes designed to fit the needs of different homes.
In addition to being highly efficient, these types of pumps are not limited by depth. This means that no matter how deep your well is, or submersible well pump will still work effectively to bring water up to the surface.
Also, submersible well pumps have a high capacity even when pumping water from massive depths. Since the pump is immersed in water, it gets the benefit of constant cooling, which means that it rarely (if ever) runs the risk of overheating.
Furthermore, submersible well pumps are inexpensive and require the least maintenance.
It’s evident that both these types of pumps have their advantages and disadvantages. However, when it comes to choosing the right one for your home, your choice will ultimately come down to how deep your well is.
Shallow Well Pump Use and Maintenance
Shallow-well pumps are easy to use and maintain. They work in a very simple way to bring up water from under the surface through a plastic pipe that channels the water to flow in one direction. There’s a valve that keeps the water from flowing back to the source.
The siphon-like function of a shallow pump creates a vacuum that utilizes atmospheric pressure to pump the water. None of the mechanical parts of a shallow well pump are submerged in water.
Once the water is pumped, it can be used for a myriad of things, including household use, gardening, selling swimming pools, supplying fountains. It can also be used in industrial applications as a coolant. The list goes on.
When it comes to maintaining the pumping mechanism, the good news is that this type of pump doesn’t require frequent maintenance.
However, there is one main problem that is associated with a pump of this kind, and that is the clogging of sand and dirt inside the nozzle of the pump.
Whenever this happens, although the pump may still be drawing out water, it won’t be able to keep up the necessary levels of efficiency.
Also, any dirt or debris, such as sand, silt, etc. can cause the eye of the pump’s impeller to get worn out. Ultimately, this will affect the pumping capacity of the mechanism as well as the highest level of pressure required from the pump.
Some Common Problems & Troubleshooting:
In this section, we take a look at some of the common shallow well pump repair issues. The next time you experience any of these, you will be able to troubleshoot to quickly and easily solve the problem.
This will save you a lot of hassle and frustration, not to mention the money you might otherwise have paid on a service call or to get new parts.
With a shallow well pump, the parts that you can replace by yourself a located right inside the house. However, you may need to call a professional for any outside electrical, piping, and check-valve failures.
The most commonly reported symptoms that spell well trouble are:
- No water coming out
- Pulsing water pressure
- Well pump running constantly
If you’re experiencing any of these problems, there is a good chance that you will be able to solve them yourself.
1. No Water Coming out
First, make sure that the power is on and that the circuit breaker for the well has not tripped. If the switch tripped, simply reset it.
However, if it keeps tripping, the likely cause is a problem with your well pump which means you may have to call in a pro.
Next, check or test the pressure switch to ensure that it’s working fine. You can do this by removing the cover, then sharply banging a screwdriver handle against the tube underneath the switch.
This will jar the electrical contacts and if the switch is working fine, you will see a spark. If not, then your switch is likely in need of replacement.
2. Pulsing Water Pressure
Check the pressure tank. When water pulses in such a way at the spigot, it typically means that you’ve got a waterlogged tank. For the most part, your only option is to replace the tank.
Some of the symptoms of a terrible pressure tank include fluctuating water pressure when filling a tub or taking a shower, leaking water on the floor near or on the tank, rusty-looking water, and an increase in your electrical bills for no apparent reason.
This is due to the fact that the pump starts and stops so many times (which uses more power than longer run times) in an effort to push out water.
3. Pump Constantly Running
When your pump turns on, there’s an audible clicking as the pressure switch opens and closes. So if you hear clicking on a frequent basis while there is no water flowing, then it means you have problems with the pump outside the house. You will have to call in a professional to look at your pump.
The problem could be coming from a damaged water line leading from the well to your house or it could be a broken check valve.
It could also be a bad connector or a broken water line within the well casing. Either way, you need the help of a qualified repairman to help you get your pump working well again.
Pumping water to your house from an underground water source doesn’t have to be difficult as long as you use the right pump for the job.
Once you’ve determined how deep your well is, you’ll know the perfect pump to get so you can always have a constant supply of water to your home.
Use this article as your guide to help you determine the best shallow well pump that will satisfy your water needs.
Once you’ve decided on the exact type of pump that will work well for you, head on over to our review list to choose from the top-rated options that are available on the market right now.