Gone are the days when you only found whiteboards inside classrooms. Today, people use them in all sorts of places, such as the business world, where the best whiteboard can be used for conveying ideas and sharing information.
Whiteboards make better alternatives to paper for making and taking notes since they are reusable. Just one swipe of the duster and you have a clean slate to work from. Thanks to this unrivaled versatility, whiteboards have grown in importance in the home, workplace, schools, and various other places.
Their demand has steadily risen over the past decade or so, and with the increased demand came creative and efficient products from the whiteboard industry. Unfortunately, because of the vast selection available on the market today, you may have a hard time finding the right one for your needs.
10 Best Whiteboard: At A Glance
|1. Lightweight Magnetic Dry Erase Board|
|2. Non-Magnetic Dry Erase White Board|
|3. Quartet Magnetic Whiteboard, 17" x 23"|
|4. Magnetic Mobile White Board|
|5. Magnetic Glass Dry-Erase Board Set|
|6. VIZ-PRO Magnetic Dry Erase Board|
|7. Smart Planner Magnetic Refrigerator Dry Erase Board|
|8. Magnetic 11’’ x 14’’ Dry-Erase Whiteboard|
|9. XBoard Magnetic Aluminum Framed Whiteboard|
|10. Master of Boards Whiteboard - 44" x 32"|
In this article, we’re going to take a look at everything you need to know to help you choose the ideal whiteboard for home, office, or school use.
- Top 10 Best Whiteboard Reviews:
- 1. OfficePro Ultra-Slim, Lightweight Magnetic Dry Erase Board
- 2. Quartet Glass Whiteboard, Non-Magnetic Dry Erase White Board
- 3. Quartet Magnetic Whiteboard, 17″ x 23″ White Board, Dry Erase Board
- 4. Magnetic Mobile White Board
- 5. Magnetic Glass Dry-Erase Board Set – 23 5/8″ x 35 1/2″
- 6. VIZ-PRO Magnetic Dry Erase Board, 36 X 24 Inches
- 7. Smart Planner Weekly Multi-Purpose Magnetic Refrigerator Dry Erase Board
- 8. Magnetic 11’’ x 14’’ Dry-Erase Whiteboard
- 9. XBoard Magnetic 48×36-Inch Dry Erase Aluminum Framed Whiteboard
- 10. Master of Boards Drywipe Magnetic Whiteboard – 44″ x 32″
- Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Buying A Whiteboard
- Types of Whiteboard
- Different Styles of Whiteboards
- How to Use a Whiteboard
- Whiteboard Maintenance Tips
- FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Whiteboard
Top 10 Best Whiteboard Reviews:
1. OfficePro Ultra-Slim, Lightweight Magnetic Dry Erase Board
This whiteboard has a sleek finish that will give you the perfect canvas to transform your most complex ideas into simple visuals that are super easy to understand. This is why it earned the top spot on our review list, and why it’s an indispensable tool for businesses and various kinds of educational and creative institutions.
This board comes with a pen and pen tray for convenient storage of your writing tools, as well as 3 magnets and an eraser. With the OfficePro Ultra-Slim Whiteboard, you get a highly pigmented writing surface that gives a bright color contrast for unparalleled readability.
The construction of the board is durable, yet lightweight, which makes it ideal for mobile use. If you want the best dry erase board that will be a great foundation for productive meetings and impressive presentations, or if you want the perfect tool for household management, and for the kids to let off creative steam, this is the board you need to consider.
- Suitable for standard dry erase markers
- You can also attach documents, note, photos, etc. for quick reference
- Comes with removable pen tray for easy storage
- Strong aluminum frame and metal backing for stability and durability
- Stain and scratch-resistant writing surface
2. Quartet Glass Whiteboard, Non-Magnetic Dry Erase White Board
This board is made from frosted glass and brings an air of sophistication to any space. It’s sleek, modern design transforms it into the focal point of any room you place it in. When mounted, it appears to be floating on the wall. In addition to being aesthetically pleasing, it has impressively versatile functionality.
The glass is non-absorbent, which means you can write, erase, and rewrite endlessly on the surface and it will remain spotless after erasing. If you want to elevate your office or home with a premium whiteboard addition, this is a great option to consider.
This board’s surface material remains stain-free and resists ghosting so you can communicate your message clearly without any distracting streaks. In addition to that, the glass is strong and durable. It can resist scratches and dents which makes it perfect for heavy, long-term use. You can mount it horizontally or vertically to fit the available space.
- Pass-through mounting design for simple installation
- Limited 15-year warranty
- Conveniently includes a removable accessory tray and a marker
- Frameless frosted glass has amazing aesthetic features
- Clean erase, no ghosting or staining thanks to the non-absorbent glass
3. Quartet Magnetic Whiteboard, 17″ x 23″ White Board, Dry Erase Board
The Quartet Magnetic Whiteboard has a smooth, dry-erase surface that is also magnetic. It takes the third spot on our dry erase board review list because it comes with a wealth of features that homeowners, office workers, and other creative people will appreciate.
It comes with a dry-erase marker included, as well as the magnet and accessories to hang notes, pictures, etc. to turn the board into a magnetic bulletin board. It’s ideal for home and office use, and the board is also available with a stunning black frame that looks great when mounted as it matches most interiors.
The hardware for mounting the whiteboard on the wall is included, and you’ll be able to position the board either horizontally or vertically depending on how well it fits the space. If you want a smooth writing surface that inspires creativity for works, school, or home, then this is a great option to consider.
It’s not only sturdy and durable, but it’s extremely affordable, too. It provides great value for money thanks to its dual functionality as a writing surface and magnetic bulletin board.
- Smooth writing surface for easy, clear writing
- Perfect size for the home or office
- Available with a beautiful black frame
- Board allows for either landscape or portrait orientation
- Marker, mounting hardware, and magnet accessories included
4. Magnetic Mobile White Board
This magnetic, double-sided whiteboard will bring life to any working space and allow you to effectively take notes or share information. The board is mobile and has flexible functionality which makes it great for use during training sessions, conventions, parties, school, and even outdoor activities like scout camps.
The dry erase board is stain-resistant and will not leave ghost marks after erasure. That’s something you will appreciate if your board is intended for use by many different people. Simply write and wipe, and the whiteboard is ready for the next user. This board is strong, durable, and an absolute must to have around.
It comes with all the accessories that are necessary for you to start using it right away, including 4 marker pens, one magnetic eraser, a blue magnetic ruler, 12 round magnets, and a marker holder tray. When you order this board, you can rest assured that it will arrive in its best condition thanks to the heavy-duty padded shipment protection.
- The kit comes complete with accessories
- Multiway hanging to offers more options for use
- Stain and scratch-resistant board erases completely
- Versatile provides great value for money
- Heavy-duty shipment protection
5. Magnetic Glass Dry-Erase Board Set – 23 5/8″ x 35 1/2″
This whiteboard is magnetic, and it’s made of glass. It offers the best of both worlds. In addition to being durable and easy to use, it also boasts dual functionality as it doubles up as a bulletin board. The design is modern, innovative, and will be a great addition to any home, office, or another creative setting.
Each of the boards comes with two magnets, a sturdy aluminum tray, and a full-sized wall template. The entire set is made of quality materials which are expertly manufactured to produce a whiteboard that will last for years to come. According to the vast majority of whiteboard reviews online, this is one of the best, and most durable whiteboards you will find on the market today.
- Ultra-smooth glass, perfect for dry erase markers
- The board cleans with one swipe without ghosting or staining
- Easy installation using full-size template, solid wall anchors, and quality metal mounts
- Lifetime warranty and customer service for your peace of mind
- Works with powerful Neodymium magnets
6. VIZ-PRO Magnetic Dry Erase Board, 36 X 24 Inches
VIZ-PRO is one of the leading manufacturers of whiteboards, and their products are used – and appreciated by – a lot of people from office workers and school children to those in the education and creative sectors. This board will be perfect for use in your home, in hospitals, on camping outings, at parties, and basically, anywhere else you could ever have the need for a whiteboard.
This brand is well known for its high-quality visual display media which includes easels, roller mobile boards, planners, cork boards, and poster frames in addition to the writing boards. If you’re searching for a good quality, durable and affordable magnetic dry erase board to use in any learning or teaching environment, then this is a great option to consider.
According to a lot of online reviews from satisfied customers, this board is ideal for anyone who values improved product innovations. The professional quality whiteboard has a smooth surface that makes writing on it a breeze.
The frame is sturdy but lightweight, which makes it great for mobile use. It also comes with a simple, easy to use wall hanging kit which allows you to mount the board in either portrait or landscape position.
- The kit comes with detachable marker tray for easy storage
- Flexible horizontal or vertical mount
- Anti-scratch frame
- Durable and sturdy construction
- Professional quality finish great for school, office, or home use
7. Smart Planner Weekly Multi-Purpose Magnetic Refrigerator Dry Erase Board
The Smart Planner Weekly Whiteboard is so called because it’s specifically designed to help you keep your family organized. It is a magnetic board that sticks to your refrigerator and works with dry erase markers.
This is definitely a must-have for your home, particularly if you have a large family and you have to do a lot of organizing to keep things flowing well. You can write, doodle and draw, and the board will be as new after you wipe it.
It’s great for chores planning, making to-do lists, grocery lists, and anything else you may need to keep track of.
- Perfect for the entire family to use
- Wipes clean with a dry eraser
- Magnetic surface doubles as a bulletin board
- Comes with various tools for tracking anything
- 100% money-back guarantee for your peace of mind
8. Magnetic 11’’ x 14’’ Dry-Erase Whiteboard
This whiteboard has a smooth dry-erase surface that is magnetic. It comes with a set of dry erase markers in different colors so you can start using the board right away. Use it to write notes, set reminders, or hang items using the magnetic accessories that come with the board.
The medium-point tip allows for very detailed work and the dry erase markers have magnets in the caps so you can hang them easily and conveniently on the board. You will never have to lose a marker again. You can use this board on your fridge, locker, and many other places.
One thing that a lot of users particularly like is the low odor of the markers compared to other options on the market. Low-odor markers are great for delivering removable marks on dry-erase surfaces which means they are perfect for the office and school use, and they are a great choice for you if your board will be used by young children as well.
All you have to do is wipe it clean and all the marks will be gone without a mess. Everything considered, this is the best office whiteboard you’ll find.
- Large surface, great for writing in interactive settings
- Ideal for grocery lists, to-do lists, and keeping notes in the home
- Comes with 6 magnetic, low-odor, fine-point markers
- Easy mount design includes double-sided tape
- Includes magnetic accessories to use the board as a bulletin board
9. XBoard Magnetic 48×36-Inch Dry Erase Aluminum Framed Whiteboard
This product from XBoard is a professional quality board that has been rigorously tested for its durability. This manufacturer produces thousands of products each month, ranging from magnetic whiteboards, melamine boards, and fabric boards to easel-style dry-erase boards, blackboards, and everything in between.
They pride themselves on testing each piece before it leaves the factory to ensure quality and durability. In addition to the unique touch materials used for construction, the boards that leave the factory are wrapped with care to ensure that they don’t incur damage during shipping. If you’re searching for the best writing experience at an affordable price, then this is one of the best boards you can buy.
It not only works as a great dry erase whiteboard but it also allows you to post important messages and notes on it using the magnets which come included when you purchase the whiteboard. This board can be mounted horizontally or vertically depending on how best it fits in the allocated space.
- These are considered the best whiteboards for home use
- Hardware included for easy mounting
- Durable construction from anodized aluminum
- Marker tray comes included for easy storage
- 100% money-back guarantee if you’re not happy with the product for whatever reason
10. Master of Boards Drywipe Magnetic Whiteboard – 44″ x 32″
The ‘Master of Boards’ is so called because it can help you transform visuals that are hard and complex into simple steps. This whiteboard is suitable for use with dry erase markers and it also doubles as a bulletin board. This dual functionality makes it a great investment for your home, school, office, or any other space where you want to take notes or share information quickly and easily.
The board comes with a removable tray to conveniently store your writing pens and other accessories for easy access. You also get magnetic accessories which you can use to attach documents, notes, and photos to your board for quick reference. The board has an aluminum frame and a sturdy steel backing that gives it a high level of durability.
With the right care and maintenance, you’ll be using this whiteboard for years to come. Thanks to the lacquered surface, this dry wipe board doesn’t stain or ghost and wipes completely clean even after endless use. It’s possibly the best magnetic whiteboard that you’ll get on the market for the price.
Whether you want to use this in your household, office, school, hospital, or anywhere else, this is a smooth writable, magnetic board that will give you tons of use. It also comes in a variety of sizes, which means you can choose the one that best fits your space.
- Made with a durable, high-grade aluminum frame
- Board comes in a variety of sizes to fit available space
- Protective scratch-resistant surface will last through years of use
- Easy wipe surface makes it perfect for heavy use
- Comes with easy mount wall screws for either portrait or landscape mounting
- Includes pen tray for easy storage of writing accessories
Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Buying A Whiteboard
Picking the best whiteboard can be a major factor in facilitating all kinds of information sharing and collaboration. The last thing you want is to be saddled with a tool that doesn’t get the job done right and is a huge hindrance that just takes up valuable space. Read on to find out which factors you need to consider before buying a whiteboard.
1. Whiteboard Surface
This is arguably the most important factor when considering which whiteboard is the best one for your needs. This is something that is very easy to overlook, but it plays a very big role in how effective your whiteboard is at fulfilling its duties. For instance, if the ability to erase quickly completely is something you value, then you may want to opt for a glass whiteboard.
A lot of entry-level boards are made from melamine, which is very susceptible to scratches and abrasions which ultimately lead to the deterioration of the surface. If you want a board that is more durable and easier to erase, then you may be better off choosing an enamel or steel board.
2. Frequency of Use
How often are you going to use your whiteboard? If it’s seldom going to be used, then you probably don’t need to choose one with the same cleaning regime or performance properties as one that will be in constant use. If your board is going to be facing heavy use, then make sure you choose one that is highly durable and less prone to staining and ghosting over time.
The feature of good erasability is particularly important to consider if you are buying a whiteboard for office use. When people are in and out of the meeting room all day, the last thing you want is to have a long, drawn-out whiteboard cleaning regime.
3. Best Whiteboard Size
Considering the size of the room or the wall where you’re going to mount your whiteboard will help you determine how big your whiteboard should be. When making your decision, make sure that every user can reach the board you choose. For instance, if you’re buying a whiteboard for kindergarten use, then you obviously want to make sure that all the little boys and girls can reach it.
There is no use having a giant board, even in the home or office, if no one can reach the top part of it. Conversely, you don’t want to buy a tiny board that won’t be conducive to interactive brainstorming sessions with more than one participant, and you don’t want one that will limit the amount of important data that you can display when using a whiteboard for exchanging information in settings like call-centers, hospitals, classrooms, etc.
A large format whiteboard is ideal for brainstorming, whereas a smaller board may be perfect for your private mind-mapping exercises.
4. Location of using the Whiteboard
If your whiteboard will be used in different locations, then you want a mobile option. You can also get a flipchart easel that doubles as a whiteboard surface. If you’re going to hang your board in a customer-facing environment, then you will need to give the board’s aesthetics more consideration than you’d have to if you were going to use the board in a space such as a warehouse.
If you’re going to use your board in a conference room, then you may want to consider getting a frameless design that creates a floating effect which can elevate the look and feel of the conference room. Also, if the location where your whiteboard is to be used doesn’t offer convenient, easy storage for the pens and erasers, then you may want to consider getting an integrated pen holder.
Types of Whiteboard
A lot of people who buy whiteboards are unaware that there are different types of boards. It’s important to know how whiteboards are different in order to be able to choose the best one for your use, and maybe even the profession you’re in. There are three main types:
- Melamine Whiteboards: These are inexpensive and economical marker boards that have a laminate coating. However, it’s important to note that this type of board isn’t nearly as durable as the other two. The melamine compound wears down, and it has a porous design that leads to ghosting over time.
- Porcelain Whiteboards: These are made from white ceramic, with steel or aluminum backing. These types of boards are also magnetic. The ceramic is extremely durable and resists damage from scratches and stains. Porcelain boards require less cleaning and don’t ghost quite as much as melamine whiteboards, but they are also more costly.
- Glass Whiteboards: Boards made from glass are the most durable of all. The glass is tempered, which means the whiteboard is safe to use, and while this type costs significantly more than the others, it does come with a lot of features that you will appreciate. It doesn’t streak or ghost and you can get glass whiteboards in a variety of beautiful colors, even clear.
There is a vast difference in these materials, and therefore they come at very different prices. There isn’t one material that is necessarily better than the other, but they all perform in very different ways, so it’s a matter of choosing the best whiteboard for your specific requirements. Whiteboards also come in various styles.
Different Styles of Whiteboards
- Cabinet style
- Frameless or Framed (with aluminum or various types of wood)
- Marker Tray
- Black dry-erase board
- Dry Erase Board and bulletin board combo
- Floor standing
- Planning boards: project planner, calendar, and grid boards
How to Use a Whiteboard
Whether you’re using it in the office, classroom, boardroom, or anywhere else, there are many different ways in which you can make use of your whiteboard for maximum productivity. Listed below are some tips that you can use to get the most out of your whiteboard.
- Designate a specific area of the whiteboard to each of your lines of thought. For instance, say you’re thinking about outsourcing certain tasks, but you’re also focused on making payments, you can split the board in half. That way, you’ll be super-focused on one idea while writing in that side of the board.
- Use different colors for each idea set. For instance, when you’re making a list of email marketing tools, you can list each tool –or properties – in its own color. This will make all your information easier to read and discern than when you have one giant wall of text in a single color.
- Whenever possible, wipe off any old information before starting work on new projects. If your whiteboard is cluttered and full of old ideas, it won’t provide a fresh canvas, and it’s not likely to inspire new thoughts.
Whiteboard Maintenance Tips
When it comes to care and maintenance of your whiteboard, it’s important to take the time to familiarize yourself with the best practices so you can keep your board looking and performing its best for a long time to come.
Follow Instructions: Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the type of board that you purchase. While this may seem like a painfully obvious piece of advice, a lot of people overlook this part. There may be some things you need to do before even using your board for the first time, so read the instructions first.
Use the right marker: This is something you need to take seriously if you want your board to last as long as possible. Using any other type of marker than the one recommended for that particular board type will result in damage to your board which will ultimately lessen its lifespan.
Keep the board clean: Each different type of board has its own set of cleaning instructions and it’s important to follow the specified cleaning technique. Some boards require the use of special cleaning solutions while others, like porcelain whiteboards, don’t need much more than a simple wipe to keep them looking fresh and new.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Whiteboard
Q-1: How long does a dry erase board last?
- The length of time that you’ll be able to use your dry erase whiteboard depends largely on the quality and construction of the board. This means that if your board is made of high-quality material, then you can expect it to work effectively for 10 to 20 years, probably even longer. However, a plastic board will typically last between one and five years.
Q-2: How much does a whiteboard cost?
- As you’ve seen, whiteboards come in different styles, designs, and materials. This means that you’ll be able to find whiteboards that range in price from one end of the spectrum to the other. Although your budget is definitely something you should take into consideration when buying the best whiteboard for your needs, it’s important to also make your choice of whiteboard based on the other factors listed in our buying guide to ensure that you get the best value for money.
Q-3: How do you deep clean a whiteboard?
- Once your whiteboard starts to accumulate marks and stains, it’s time to perform a deep clean to restore it to its full functionality. Depending on the type of board you’re trying to clean, there’s a lot you can do to get it looking fresh and new again, such as using rubbing alcohol and tissue to rub away any stubborn stains. Vinegar and water are a great first-option to try before using harsher chemicals on your whiteboard.
Q-4: What is the best paint for whiteboards?
- There are many different types of whiteboard paint, and the one that is best for you depends on your specific needs. If you’re using the paint to turn your wall into a dry erase whiteboard, make sure you choose one that has the features you value, such as fast-drying, long-lasting, durable, different colors, easy application, and so on.
Q-5: Does permanent marker stay on a whiteboard?
- Permanent marker doesn’t stay on a whiteboard permanently. If you want to erase it, simply write over the permanent marker lines with a dry erase marker and the two pigments will ‘blend’ together, re-activating the permanent marker for an instant before the two markers dry once again with the active compound in the dry erase marker. You can then wipe the surface easily.
There are endless options when it comes to choosing the best whiteboard for your needs, but whether you’re using it at home, at school, in the office, or any other environment, use our buying guide to help you make picking the right one to suit your needs and your budget. And make sure that you follow the guidelines for its care and maintenance so that your board functions in the most effective way possible for years to come.